• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We havent won a game with Thompson and Phillips together and cant see that sequence being broken. Really is rotten luck with Bolger and O'Neill as both are better than what we have at the mo.

As you are asking as a fellow L2 fan , I can tell you he's done really well this season ( 13 clean sheets now I think ).
If a championship of Prem League team asks though , he's overrated and really quite awful :winking:

Haha thanks! Its always good to see a youngster getting regular game time and your defencive record is excellent this season. Hows Phil Brown perceived amongst the fans, hes a fairly comical figure amongst others but you would have to assuem he has contacts at least!

How would he know what taking your missus for a drink is like?

Good point!

As pubs go its not the best, but as Northampton goes it could be worse! Not going to have any issues in there, and its next to a back road that will get you to Sixfields in 2 minutes!

Haha thanks! Its always good to see a youngster getting regular game time and your defencive record is excellent this season. Hows Phil Brown perceived amongst the fans, hes a fairly comical figure amongst others but you would have to assuem he has contacts at least!

Well , he got a mixed reception to say the least when he took over ( ranging from bad to very bad in most cases ).
The previous Manager ( Paul Sturrock ) , whilst not playing the greatest football was seen as an honourable man who had taken over at an awful time and had just got us to the JPT final at Wembley.
So for him to be sacked and 'Tango Man' as he was widely known to come in just before that final was seen as a pretty low blow ( and believe me we are not averse to low blows from our Chairman ).
Anyway , Brown took over , made an awful team selection for the final and hardly won a game at the end of last season , so his stock was almost rock bottom in most fans eyes.

This year , with a small squad ( and that is starting to tell now a little ) he has got the side playing some quite decent football and has forged a great team spirit.
Yes , it's all unravelled a bit in Feb , but we are still in a play off place and if we can just kick on again , should keep in there until the end of the season.

The play offs ?
On our day we can beat anyone in L2 ( our last win was 3-0 v Chesterfield and we absolutely blew them away ).
But like most teams in L2 , we can also lose to anyone.
I'm still quietly optimistic we can do well in the remainder of the season , but we will see.

Thanks Dannypav I appreciate the insight! I have heard a few stories about your chairman, whats the latest on your financials? I know they have been a pain in the past! 3-0 against Chesterfield is certainly impressive, they were easily the best team I have seen at Sixfields this season. Would you say you are more of a footballing side than a hoof side? I mean the majority of teams this season (we were probably the worst under Aidy) tend to stick with the hoofball tactics in this league.

We are definitely a footballing side this season ( for the most part ) , but I would say our main attribute has been how hard the midfield has worked when we don't have the ball.
A lot of energy and quick at closing down and winning possession back.
I think the wet , soggy pitches of recent months have certainly contributed to our poor run of form.

As for our financials ............................................:omg:

Thanks Dannypav I appreciate the insight! I have heard a few stories about your chairman, whats the latest on your financials? I know they have been a pain in the past! 3-0 against Chesterfield is certainly impressive, they were easily the best team I have seen at Sixfields this season. Would you say you are more of a footballing side than a hoof side? I mean the majority of teams this season (we were probably the worst under Aidy) tend to stick with the hoofball tactics in this league.

We are skint and building up debts whilst the redevelopment goes though. Slowly.

As for football we are definitely a footballing side now.

On the basis that Wilder hasn't moved from top 4 to bottom for the love of the job , I guess you guys must be ok for money right now ?

On the basis that Wilder hasn't moved from top 4 to bottom for the love of the job , I guess you guys must be ok for money right now ?

You mean to say Wilder has not come to us because we are massive:omg:, we offered him a 3.5 year deal and he only had 6 months left at Oxford, and its an easier commute from Sheffield for him! Our chairman has basically gone all in making sure we dont go down. We have had a 12 million loan come in from the local council so that we can build a new east stand with boxes and a hotel etc. Think he knows none of that will be any good for a conference team! Ive actually been really impressed with his manner so far, surprisingly more so with Alan Knill who whilst he looks gormless actually has personality. All our signings have been better than what we had, we know actually look like scoring now which is an added bonus! Think we have a top 7 budget, which shows how AWFULLY we have been managed this season.

So whats the current status with your redevelopment?

You mean to say Wilder has not come to us because we are massive:omg:, we offered him a 3.5 year deal and he only had 6 months left at Oxford, and its an easier commute from Sheffield for him! Our chairman has basically gone all in making sure we dont go down. We have had a 12 million loan come in from the local council so that we can build a new east stand with boxes and a hotel etc. Think he knows none of that will be any good for a conference team! Ive actually been really impressed with his manner so far, surprisingly more so with Alan Knill who whilst he looks gormless actually has personality. All our signings have been better than what we had, we know actually look like scoring now which is an added bonus! Think we have a top 7 budget, which shows how AWFULLY we have been managed this season.

So whats the current status with your redevelopment?

It will start this Spring......................

At least you got a loan from your local council - one of the issues holding things up for us was how much we had to PAY our council...

Back