• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

At least you got a loan from your local council - one of the issues holding things up for us was how much we had to PAY our council...

Really? That sounds more than a bit dodgy, have you had to pay them to get it to go through then?!

Has that not been the case earlier in the season then? What is Eastwood like these days, im always curious with how players get on from a higher level previously. Marlon Harewood played against us on Saturday and was AWFUL!

You'll only get to see Freddy coming off the bench these days.He's still got it (at least IMO) but he's only up to cameo appearances now.He's certainly not the player he used to be with us ,I'm afraid.
However, hopefully Barney (Lee Barnard) will be fit enough to start against you.

You'll only get to see Freddy coming off the bench these days.He's still got it (at least IMO) but he's only up to cameo appearances these days.He's certainly not the player he used to be with us ,I'm afraid.
However, hopefully Barney (Lee Barnard) will be fit enough to start against you.

Barnard is younger than I realised, has he not got up to match fitness yet? Definitely capable of banging in the goals at this level.

Good point!

As pubs go its not the best, but as Northampton goes it could be worse! Not going to have any issues in there, and its next to a back road that will get you to Sixfields in 2 minutes!
When as a Cobblers fan you mention the word "BEST" I feel the need to "Thank You for sending to Southend United in 1968 the diminutive figure of the one and only "BILLY BEST" and after scoring 123 goals in 247 matches we were kind enough to send him back. He is one of three Cobblers to have scored in all four divisions for your club. Are there any Cobblers fans on here that are old enough to have seen this legend play who was and still is known as "SIMPLY THE BEST" around Southend.

When as a Cobblers fan you mention the word "BEST" I feel the need to "Thank You for sending to Southend United in 1968 the diminutive figure of the one and only "BILLY BEST" and after scoring 123 goals in 247 matches we were kind enough to send him back. He is one of three Cobblers to have scored in all four divisions for your club. Are there any Cobblers fans on here that are old enough to have seen this legend play who was and still is known as "SIMPLY THE BEST" around Southend.

Sadly a few decades before my time!

Really? That sounds more than a bit dodgy, have you had to pay them to get it to go through then?!

Money was agreed to improve infrastructure and the high street to balance the retail park that we applied to build.

yes, the issue was that SUFC agreed a large sum for this back when economic conditions were much better, then wanted to negotiate a much smaller figure as a) the economy went tits up and b) we don't have any money.

You guys had one hell of a front line earlier in the season with the likes of O'Donovan and McLeod also I notice you had Demontagnac. What happen to those 3?

Mentioned this in another thread a while ago. I am a Southchurch-born SUFC fan exiled in Northampton for the last 20 years or so. Billy Best was my first footballing hero. Last year, I was "invited" by the authorities to attend a Speed Awareness Course , which took place at Sixfields Stadium. While I was stood with a fellow transgressor looking at photos of old Cobblers teams, I saw one containing Billy (and Joe Kurila) and pointed this out. He replied: "Billy's my father in law, still lives in the area, still does odd jobs for my building firm". Inconsequential I know, but almost caused me to fall over and temporarily lose awareness of speeding again; small small world.

I'd agree with Cobblers fan above, the Malt Shovel is one of Northampton's better pubs, but it hasn't exactly got a huge amount of competition, and 10 mins walk away from the station in the wrong direction if en route to Sixfields. Thomas a Beckett is not bad & on the way. Primarily an Egg-Chasers/Irish pub, have seen it a bit lively on a Sat eve.

Barnard is younger than I realised, has he not got up to match fitness yet? Definitely capable of banging in the goals at this level.

That's the pronblem apparently (plus his confidence is low).I haven't had a chance to see him since his return but people who have, are not over-impressed,unfortunately.

You guys had one hell of a front line earlier in the season with the likes of O'Donovan and McLeod also I notice you had Demontagnac. What happen to those 3?

Odonovon never really got a run of games as he had an injury which was Mis diagnosed. He worke hard but offered little end product. He's since been realised to play in Bahrain under Steve kean. McLeod was pretty poor but the team was just a bunch Of loanees then so not really surprised. He got injured and went back. Demontagnac for all his talent is mental, lazy and a liability, shame as he has talent! He's since been released by wilder aswell. Our front 3 of Connell (technique movement) Sinclair (pace finishing) marquis ( work rate nastiness) have a real nice look about them!

Odonovon never really got a run of games as he had an injury which was Mis diagnosed. He worke hard but offered little end product. He's since been realised to play in Bahrain under Steve kean. McLeod was pretty poor but the team was just a bunch Of loanees then so not really surprised. He got injured and went back. Demontagnac for all his talent is mental, lazy and a liability, shame as he has talent! He's since been released by wilder aswell. Our front 3 of Connell (technique movement) Sinclair (pace finishing) marquis ( work rate nastiness) have a real nice look about them!

Demontagnac was a really hot prospect a few years back and everyone raved about him. I was gutted when he came here for a trial and we didn't sign him. Every club he has played for their fans have said exactly the same as you, such a shame!

As ive said for the last three games now, Must win.

Just as a side question for anyone in the know, we alright to pay on the gate tomorrow night?

Never been to sixfields.

Ta

Good point!

As pubs go its not the best, but as Northampton goes it could be worse! Not going to have any issues in there, and its next to a back road that will get you to Sixfields in 2 minutes!

How quick do you walk?!?! Least 15-20

And yes it is the Marquis who was at Torquay, looks really good so far. Horrible to play against.

Back