• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RobM

55 years as a supporter!⭐
Is it just me (quite likely) or is anyone else a tad miffed about how away supporters are generally treated as second-class?
Poorer view, ghastly toilets, can't see the scoreboard, higher price tickets (£28 at Peterborough for some) just some examples.

Not everywhere I agree but certainly some away trips I think...I didn't enjoy the whole experience irrespective of the game itself.

Not saying I disagree with you, but if you were running a football club with limited financial resources and significant pressure to invest in players and on-field success, where would you prioritise?

Fair and valid points but it's discrimination, isn't it? Paying extra for an away ticket has no justification. Cleaning the loos costs next to nothing. Us football fans are daft really, we wouldn't go to a cinema with ripped seats, poles in the way and have to pay more because we lived miles away!

Peterborough is a fine example of ripping off away fans - that stand is shocking, the leg room in particular - is it still the old wooden seats? So, you may have paid as much as £28 because they classed it as a category A team, and if you went on the coach these were also charged to park.

The Trust has been trying to compile information about treatment of supporters at away games and our former "CEO", Steve Waggott, was very keen to eradicate, where possible, the charges for away supporter coaches.

You want away supporters to come and spend money at your ground so make them as welcome as possible!

Xi agree with most of what u say ,but I really enjoyed being there as the game was so tight & we were on a knife edge ,which I find exiting

How much is it for away fans at RH

Same as for home fans, isn't it?

I didn't think they were allowed to charge more for away fans?

Of course some grounds get round that by only offering terracing to home fans.

Same as for home fans, isn't it?

I didn't think they were allowed to charge more for away fans?

Of course some grounds get round that by only offering terracing to home fans.

This is where the old "local promotions" come in - and which annoyed so many fans at an Oldham game a few years back, where they were getting in for a fiver and our fans were paying over £20!

Overall the treatment of fans is too often poor; AND away fans get treated often as "the enemy" by the home club, stewards and Police.

As in many things the small unpleasant minority of berks among the vast majority of reasonable fans is often the root of the problem which, although less than it was (in the 70s/80s & 90s, still exist.

Gillingham a prime example, no roof, open to the elements and having to sit on rickety scaffolding.

"Overall the treatment of fans is too often poor; AND away fans get treated often as "the enemy" by the home club, stewards and Police."

I recall Notts Forest away - we were continually told to sit while the home fans in one stand (seated!) stood the whole match.

Would be nice if the league introduced some standard rules.

Away fans should be able to sit behind the goal, where possible. Rather than cramped into a corner etc. Even with 20,000 empty seats at MK the people down the front were sitting in the drizzle.

Gillingham should only be able to charge £10 maximum. Minimum staff and kiosk facilities or again the prices have to be reduced.

Gillingham a prime example, no roof, open to the elements and having to sit on rickety scaffolding.

Which is why I don't go there.

The way they work it, is to have a section of that stand for home fans at the same price knowing no home fans will sit there because they have the rest of the ground to choose from. But because home fans can sit there at the same price they're not breaking the rule around charging away fans more. Which is another reason why I won't go there.

Back