• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Away from home

DTS

The Business
At the moment I am trying not to look at the table in a vain effort to convince myself that its too early to get a true impression of the table.

However in fit of madness I looked and it really hit home to me where our problems lie.

3 goals in total from 8 away games is shocking really. Not meaning to be funny but its simply not acceptable.

I have been to all of the aways bar Burnely and Wolves and is all bar the Derby game i think we have been good in spells.

However this really had got to change soon or we are on a fast train with the first stop league one.

Is it just back luck or what? Your thoughts please.

DtS

Here's hoping for a repeat of March so we can double our away league goals total
tounge.gif

Not scoring away from home does hurt us, but not nearly as much as leaking three goals every home game. The lack of points away from home does increase the pressure on the home games, but the principle remains if you win your home games you'll be alright.

Had we conceded only one goal against Norwich, Ipswich, Hull and Coventry we'd be 9 points better off. Even if we'd only conceded two goals we'd be 4 points better off.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Nov. 13 2006,11:44)]3 goals in total from 8 away games is shocking really. Not meaning to be funny but its simply not acceptable.
That is pretty awful to say the least. Having seen all the away league games we have had spells but dont seem to convert unlike the opposition. Matt Harrold has outscored even Freddy away from home in the league.

At least defensive issues have improved over the last 2 games but for me the midfield to be chipping in abit on the goals column - We have had 17 league games so far and the only goal from them was Gower v. Norwich - even Barrett has scored more than that this year.

Back