• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Agent Lomas

Manager
What's the furthest everyone has gone to support the mighty blues? (LEAGUE & CUP GAMES - Scotland tour of 2011 or whenever it was doesn't count!)

Mine would be Accrington - 2011/12 Season - Won 2-1 :smile:

Dickinson (2) - Penalty
Hall (66)

Line Up:
01 Morris
02 Clohessy
05 Coughlan
16 Prosser
18 Leonard (Harris - 58')
23 Barker
04 Hall (Gilbert - 90')
07 Grant
12 Ferdinand
19 Kalala
22 Dickinson (Sawyer - 86')

But of course, that will of course change next week, when I go to Morecambe!

Caarlisle - won 2-1. I had a disagreement with a steward who told me "You can't sit there"- I pointed out to him it was the same seat number as on the ticket! I still had to move though. Odd.

Newcastle United v Southend United, 15 August 1992

Drove there the night before in my old Fiat Mirafiori and stayed with the ex's relatives in Darlington. Got dropped off in Newcastle with our Southend shirts on and walked straight into a packed Newcastle pub. They couldn't have been friendlier, real nice atmosphere.

12 Oct 1993 Fiorentina v Southend United L 3-0 Anglo-Italian Cup

Great day out this was, flying from Southend to Pisa airport. A day spent in Florence then onto the game. A concrete stadium with plastic bit glued to the concrete steps to make seats. What a day. What a landing back at Southend airport too.

What's the furthest everyone has gone to support the mighty blues? (LEAGUE & CUP GAMES - Scotland tour of 2011 or whenever it was doesn't count!)

Mine would be Accrington - 2011/12 Season - Won 2-1 :smile:

Dickinson (2) - Penalty
Hall (66)

Line Up:
01 Morris
02 Clohessy
05 Coughlan
16 Prosser
18 Leonard (Harris - 58')
23 Barker
04 Hall (Gilbert - 90')
07 Grant
12 Ferdinand
19 Kalala
22 Dickinson (Sawyer - 86')

But of course, that will of course change next week, when I go to Morecambe!

Madrid x2 lost 3-1 and 1-1 failing that Carlisle many many times

Florence for the Anglo Itailian game against Fiorentina and despite being 3-0 at half time I recall it was great.

Hull in the championship season we lost 4-0 and Dean Windass scored a hat trick. Longest coach journey home ever!

Carlisle, the day Dougie Freedman made his debut and put us 1-0 up, but of course we went on to lose 2-1. Main memory was the amount of rain the day before and doubt as to whether game would go ahead.

Oh might have neglected to mention we were on hols in lake district at time so only had to do 50 miles. Oh and had to agree to take Mrs Shallow shopping in town before match.

This match apart Blackburn in the early days of Peter Taylor and yes another defeat (1-0) I think.

Carlisle, the day Dougie Freedman made his debut and put us 1-0 up, but of course we went on to lose 2-1. Main memory was the amount of rain the day before and doubt as to whether game would go ahead.

Yes, I went to this too and I remember driving up on the coach thinking that the Lake District seemed to have extended rather a long way south! Did Hartlepool too the same season I think.

Cardiff a couple of times... and some big new stadium in London.

And I know it's away games, but by some strange anomaly, I ended up watching Southend beat Man Utd live in friggin' TEXAS of all places!!! :nope:

Carlisle. Can't remember the score but the match ball arrived by helicopter and Nicky Bailey was sent off.

Sunderland away in the Championship season. All that way to lose 4-0 in the p*ssing rain. Laaarvely :stunned:

Back