• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Away Strips

ldnfatso

Red Rep King!
We have played 19 away games this season and i have a shocking stat!

We have played
4 Away games in Blue
4 Away games in Red
13 Away games in Yellow (Up to and Including Swindon)

I assume we will ditch all shirts after this season as we usually do. Is this stat of 4 games in Red acceptable?
Some people, myself included have bought all 3 shirts this year and whilst all home games are in Blue i have no qualms. My issue is after tonight we have 5 more away games (Swindon and Northampton cannot possibly be Red due to clashes with home shirts) so this leaves only possibly 3 more games at the most in Red totalling 7.

Considerring Red was the primary away kit it has been nigh on disregarded.

Yellow was supposed to be the 3rd kit and my understanding was 3rd kits only came into play when the 1st and 2nd kits clashed with the home team (correct me if i'm wrong there). Don't get me wrong, i love the yellow kit.

Do you consider this poor form by the club?

Last edited:
We've had this the last couple of seasons though haven't we? Remember the white one, then the two tone blue? I think both of those were dumped in favour of the 3rd choices.

I hope now we've taken the yellow, we stick with it next season. There's no reason to change it as far as I can see.

I can see what you mean ldn, I to have all 3 shirts this season and have often said it is pretty pointless us having the red kit and should of gone with the yellow away kit at the start of the season. The last time we wore the red kit was at Leeds i believe were we could quite easily of worn yellow there.

I dont like us playing in our home kit when we are away.

We have played 19 away games this season and i have a shocking stat!

We have played
4 Away games in Blue
4 Away games in Red
11 Away games in Yellow (Soon to be 12 if you include Brighton tonight)

I assume we will ditch all shirts after this season as we usually do. Is this stat of 4 games in Red acceptable?
Some people, myself included have bought all 3 shirts this year and whilst all home games are in Blue i have no qualms. My issue is after tonight we have 5 more away games (Swindon and Northampton cannot possibly be Red due to clashes with home shirts) so this leaves only possibly 3 more games at the most in Red totalling 7.

Considerring Red was the primary away kit it has been nigh on disregarded.

Yellow was supposed to be the 3rd kit and my understanding was 3rd kits only came into play when the 1st and 2nd kits clashed with the home team (correct me if i'm wrong there). Don't get me wrong, i love the yellow kit.

Do you consider this poor form by the club?

I have to agree 100% with that as I have all three bought the blue and red and got the yellow for christmas. And in the club shop all the red tops have been reduced from £40 down to £35 and now down to £22ish I believe!!!!

Blue and Yellow seems fine to me, no need for the red.

I understand the point about using the red shirt, 4 appearances isn't good enough, but saying that I would still rather we wore yellow at our away games for the rest of the season, especially for the "YEEELLOOOWWWS" chant.

Leeds I don't know why we didn't play in blue because yellow a little bit too close (sort of)

The red shirt is manky, end of. As I said in the summer, no idea (other than profit margin, although considering this has been on sale in the club shop since January it's not as much as it was at £39.99) why it was ever chosen.

Again, this is my constant gripe about kits. If you take it as given that we will change home shirts every season (think in the 19 years I've been a true supporter of SUFC we've only not changed the home shirt on 2 occassions) and we need to have 3 ongoing shirts, why then cannot the current years away shirt, become next year's 3rd shirt (kit deal & sponsor changes permitting - although this is less important)?

Therefore, last summer the two-tone blue shirt (those who bought it last year, would they be bothered the back sponsor was Haart not insure&go?) would have become the 3rd & lets say the yellow shirt would have become the primary away choice.

I do quite like the idea we wear our away shirt's more than if there's just a colour clash and we need to change. Watford & Norwich started this trend as obviously wearing yellow, they hardly ever have to change.

Can somebody on TBV please take this up with the club as a genuine supporters question or can Ron do a supporters Q&A one week instead of his regular blog?

Also, anybody know answers to the following?
1) When will this seasons home shirt will be flogged off cheap?
2) Are we still with nike next season?
3) Any word on insure&go renewing and if not, are we going to struggle for a sponsorgiven the current economic conditions?

Rant over...

The first time the yellow kit came out was for the Scunthorpe game as their home kit's shade of maroon clashed with both the red and blue kits. This obviously led to the return of the 'YEELLOWS' chant which meant a great atmosphere in the away end that night. Clearly the club picked up on that and decided to stick with Yellow.

The question is how long this lasts for (for the record, I'm one of those that has got both red and yellow kits this season). If the club sticks with the yellow kit next season then fair enough. If they change kits/colours yet again I'd consider that very poor form. The jury's out until then...

if we need a 3rd kit why cant we just turn the shirts inside out or indeed go skins as we did as kids..

Have all 3 shirts but to be honest i dont like the home 1 the red is not much better my favourite is the yellow one which i wear to home games now

The reason why he have played only 4 in red was because we needed a third kit and the yellow one became very popular and thereford they have stuck with it. What is the point in bringing something that is new and popular and not using it?

We should do what Norwich do and in the fixtures part at the back of the programme they indicate which kit they will be wearing, helps travelling away fans to turn up in the right shirt too. I would like to see yellow as our primary away kit next season

Last edited:
The reason why he have played only 4 in red was because we needed a third kit and the yellow one became very popular and thereford they have stuck with it. What is the point in bringing something that is new and popular and not using it?

I might also ask what's the point in selling a shirt for £40 only to wear it 4 times!

i say quit the bitching. if you dont like it dont buy the shirts end of.

Back