• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

steveo

mine to stay the same please
An away win these days is massive.
Unfortunately people like Badger74 would still rather see us lose so they can slag off Ron. We win, you slag off Ron. We lose you slag off Ron.
PBoreham tries to keep a positive view because he knows Ron is the best/only option. Is Badger a Col U fan?

Unfortunately people like Badger74 would still rather see us lose so they can slag off Ron. We win, you slag off Ron. We lose you slag off Ron.
PBoreham tries to keep a positive view because he knows Ron is the best/only option. Is Badger a Col U fan?

You are my mum and I claim my £5!!

Thanks though. As I said, we know Ron has made too many mistakes and there are still things that need addressing, but I'm just mindful of not letting that negativity creep through onto the pitch and effect our chances this season.

Besides a few idiots last saturday chanting for tilly and calling for rons head, support has been pretty good, so hopefully we can keep it that way!

Besides a few idiots last saturday chanting for tilly and calling for rons head, support has been pretty good, so hopefully we can keep it that way!

Why does that specifically make them "idiots"?
You mentioned that one of your frustrations about people not wanting to give Sturrock a chance was that they couldn't see an alternative viewpoint.
Surely dismissing people who still wish to show their support for our unfortunate ex-manager is just the flip side of the coin?

For what it's worth, saw the goals on SSN last night, both very well taken and good to see the excellent team-spirit in terms of goal celebration and defence of Clohessy with his sending off.

You mentioned that one of your frustrations about people not wanting to give Sturrock a chance was that they couldn't see an alternative viewpoint.
Surely dismissing people who still wish to show their support for our unfortunate ex-manager is just the flip side of the coin?

For what it's worth, saw the goals on SSN last night, both very well taken and good to see the excellent team-spirit in terms of goal celebration and defence of Clohessy with his sending off.

Hardly unfortunate!! Ron could have sacked Tilly long before he did, maybe in the January of the season we were relegated from the championship. Maybe if Ron had sacked Tilly then and got someone of Sturrock's reputation in then, we would still be in the championship. Instead, Ron stuck with Tilly for too long and we find ourselves in L2

Hardly unfortunate!! Ron could have sacked Tilly long before he did, maybe in the January of the season we were relegated from the championship. Maybe if Ron had sacked Tilly then and got someone of Sturrock's reputation in then, we would still be in the championship. Instead, Ron stuck with Tilly for too long and we find ourselves in L2

That surely has to be one of the most blinkered posts on here ever.
Even my worthy opponents such as pboreham & ESB would at least acknowledge the major person responsible for our recent demise is one Ron Martin, NOT Tilson...

Even my worthy opponents such as pboreham & ESB would at least acknowledge the major person responsible for our recent demise is one Ron Martin, NOT Tilson...

It was Tilly's fault we got relegated from the Championship....you can't blame Ron for that!

Tilson has gone - he isnt coming back. What is the point of chanting his name - honestly? He isnt at the games, only a couple of 'his' players are left and I'm sure that he knows, Ron knows and the few players left know that he was a legend to the fans.

Chanting his name only serves to undermine Sturrock and his players - though from what you have said, I wouldnt think you see that as a bad thing?

And that is putting words in my mouth! Whilst I'm not stupid enough to know that Ron was a major player in our downfall, I still maintain that another manager could have handled the situation differently (Sturrock?) - I think Tilson's inexperience of dealing with the situation was shown up. Not his fault that, you cannot get experience without going through it, but god-willing he gets another job and goes through something similar, he will be better positioned to deal with it.

I also think he made odd decisions in games that we could have got points from, which was the basis of many of my 'rants' against Tilson towards the end.

It was Tilly's fault we got relegated from the Championship....you can't blame Ron for that!

I'll sit on the fence a little here and say Tilson was out of his depth. We had money to bring players in (ok, not millions, but a reasonable amount) and he didnt bring in the right ones.

As you say, Martin should have acted, but didnt. Too be fair, it nearly worked out as we almost made it straight back up - but I still think a 'Sturrock' figure would have had a better chance of keeping us in the CCC.

You can certainly blame RM in some ways. The Scott Macdonald/Richie Foran debacle for example.
Also, looking back RM might have been better adopting a Burnley/Blackpool mentality and said we will go with what we've got as well as loans for the CCC season and NOT hand out over-inflated contracts on players that arguably were not worth that kind of investment - at least it would stop the "Peter Clarke cost us over £1m don't you know?" line he's so happy to trawl out time and time again.

You can certainly blame RM in some ways. The Scott Macdonald/Richie Foran debacle for example.
Also, looking back RM might have been better adopting a Burnley/Blackpool mentality and said we will go with what we've got as well as loans for the CCC season and NOT hand out over-inflated contracts on players that arguably were not worth that kind of investment - at least it would stop the "Peter Clarke cost us over £1m don't you know?" line he's so happy to trawl out time and time again.

Surely that was Tilly's fault for getting players in he thought could do the biz in the championship, unless you are saying it's Ron's fault for backing his managers decisions!

Surely that was Tilly's fault for getting players in he thought could do the biz in the championship, unless you are saying it's Ron's fault for backing his managers decisions!

I mentioned the Foran debacle as this was a prime example of Martin forcing his decisions on Tilson, NOT backing the wishes of the manager...

''How much did Peter Clarke cost us??'' 1m WWOOOOWWW!

Steveo, I like you fella and always have and we always share many key views on things but your out of line here mate Badger is as blue as they come

Dissapointed in this post.

Just because they're blue as they come, does stop them from being a prat.

He is not a 'prat' though he is speaking sense Ron has gambled with this club big time

Ron has literally ****ed this club. We're far from safe yet, and this attitude from some about 'forget what Ron's done, and get off Ron's back' etc, is nothing short of criminal. This ****** has taken our club to the brink on several occasions and some people are seemingly willing to ignore it.

What a load of bollocks. You deserve what you get.

Back