• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Agent Lomas

Manager
With Sokolik & Binnom-Williams both serving one match bans, the most likely back four will surely be: White, Bolger, Prosser & Leonard...will it?

To expand from back four , my team would be :

Bentley
Thompson , Bolger , Prosser , White
Worrall , Leonard , Clifford , Hurst
Corr , Coulthirst

subs
Smith ( either one ) , Weston , Timlin , Payne , Deegan , Atkinson , ???

I think it will be

Atkinson ... Thompson....White.....Timlin

Bolger, Prosser + Lenny will probably all get injured in training on friday :whistling:

He said in the programme on Saturday that he is aiming for Boxing day at Cambridge

The guy is crazy !
What with Christmas and New Year , he's going to miss out on some great parties !
If it were me , I would certainly feign injury until early Jan.

It's one match. Play the youth team left-back that Brown was raving about earlier the year when he said he didn't need to sign another full-back and could sign a 6th central midfielder instead.

There's no need to play two players out of position.

P.Smith

Leonard , Bolger , Prosser , White

Weston , Deegan , Payne , Worral

Corr , Coulthirst

Subs: Bentley , Thompson , Timlin , Clifford , Atkinson , Hurst , Layne

It's one match. Play the youth team left-back that Brown was raving about earlier the year when he said he didn't need to sign another full-back and could sign a 6th central midfielder instead.

I agree, there's no point having young promising players if they cant fill in for the odd game rather than put Timlin or Atkinson there!

I don't think he could do a lot worse than Williams, that's not a dig just saying he should be given a chance for one game. At least he is actually a youngster from OUR academy.

Bolger needs to prove his price tag at center back too.

Surely Prosser will play LB with White staying at RB leaving Bolger and Thompson as CB's .

Isn't the youth team left back at Witham Town?

To expand from back four , my team would be :

Bentley
Thompson , Bolger , Prosser , White
Worrall , Leonard , Clifford , Hurst
Corr , Coulthirst

subs
Smith ( either one ) , Weston , Timlin , Payne , Deegan , Atkinson , ???
Hurst? What on earth did Hurst do on Saturday to be upgraded to the starting 11.

Isn't the youth team left back at Witham Town?

Don't think he is at Witham. I think that's Ellis Brown and a midfielder.

I'm not 100% but I think if they are playing on a work experience type deal it might, unlike loans, allow us to recall them inside 28 days. My understanding is that they will still train for us, but are allowed to turn out for another club.

Don't think he is at Witham. I think that's Ellis Brown and a midfielder.

I'm not 100% but I think if they are playing on a work experience type deal it might, unlike loans, allow us to recall them inside 28 days. My understanding is that they will still train for us, but are allowed to turn out for another club.
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/witha...oan-kane-farrell-and-ellis-brown-1322125.html according to this he's a left sided full back, but we may be able to recall him. I don't really know anything about the rules of recalling from
loans.

Emmanuel Adeyeye is the one I'm thinking of, but he might be suspended!

And [Deegan] was actually only handed a contract after two young full-backs, Jordan Williams and Emmanuel Adeyeye impressed while playing in Southend’s development side.

“I wanted to bring in a 23rd player and really it should have been a full-back because we were short of cover in that area,” said Brown.

“But I watched these youngsters and they were fantastic. I thought we could play them in the first team if it came to it.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/blues/11493912.Southend_United_manager_Phil_Brown__Gary_Deegan_stops_our_team_being_too_nice/

Hurst? What on earth did Hurst do on Saturday to be upgraded to the starting 11.

You're right , he did little and has indeed done little this season.
But IF , IF , he could find some form , he is one of our potential match winners.
Desperate times call for desperate measures !

Back