• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BACK OFF FOREST

MK Shrimper

Striker
Hope it's an academic question, but do you think he's on their shortlist?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ Feb. 16 2006,16:42)]I'd expect them to go for a bigger name/higher profile manager personally.
Such as?

Given where Forest are currently sitting in Division 3 - namely 4 points above the relegation zone, and 11 points behind the play-off race, the only person they'll tempt from the division above is Ian Holloway - and that's only because he's being forced out at QPR.

Other than that, Forest are going to be looking in our div, the div below, or managers who are out of work.

The only ones who jump to mind as available and appropriate are:

*Lawrie Sanchez
*Alan Buckley
*John Toshack

rock.gif

If they've any sense, they'll try to swoop for one of Tilly or Parky; and Tilly would (I think) rebuff them. As for Parky... who knows?!

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Feb. 16 2006,16:47)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ Feb. 16 2006,16:42)]I'd expect them to go for a bigger name/higher profile manager personally.
Such as?

Given where Forest are currently sitting in Division 3 - namely 4 points above the relegation zone, and 11 points behind the play-off race, the only person they'll tempt from the division above is Ian Holloway - and that's only because he's being forced out at QPR.

Other than that, Forest are going to be looking in our div, the div below, or managers who are out of work.

The only ones who jump to mind as available and appropriate are:

*Lawrie Sanchez
*Alan Buckley
*John Toshack

rock.gif

If they've any sense, they'll try to swoop for one of Tilly or Parky; and Tilly would (I think) rebuff them.  As for Parky... who knows?!

tounge.gif
Martin O'Neill?
rock.gif

tounge.gif

Trevor Francis?

I don't think Martin O'Neill would want to lower himself to managing Forest.

I also think that Tilly would reject Forest - he's Southend through and through and has a much better chance of promotion with the Blues...
smile.gif

MON...?! Don't make me laugh.

One or two interesting / random names thrown up on the Forest rivals site. Keegan...? A long shot, but it's a maybe. Trevor Francis also a possible.

rock.gif

Matt

I think Nigel Clough would be a very popular choice with the supporters and will feature heavily on their shortlist. Ian Holloway must be in with a shout too. Or Peter Reid?

Gerry Francis, good enough to mentioned by some of the papers for the England job surely good enough for Forest

Talk about a club on the fall, whoever takes over the Forest job faces an uphill task. Megson and Kinnear are good proven manager but they both failed.
Can't see Tilson even being interested in that job maybe the only man for the job is Nigel Clough.

Surely it's a great time to step into Forest as the squad is still fairly useful. The only way for them is up?

Reckon that Parkinson fellow could do a great job!

I am sure Alan Little will throw his hat in the ring, as he does for every job that comes up.
biggrin.gif

What a crap manager he was.

I think there'll give it to Nigel Clough and I reckon Forest fans would be happy with that.

On the East Midlands news tonight the tw&t of a reporter said "i can't believe i'm saying this but Nottm Forest are struggling in league one, a division they should really be walking away with, and now managerless...the chief executive will be discussing which manager can bring Forst back to where they rightly belong".

i tire of this Forest big club nonsense. Forest rightly belong 13th in the league because that's the only amount of points they have got. They're only the 57th best club in the country at the moment...and that's where they deserve to be. Tilson won't go to Forest because it will be a step in the wrong direction. A club with no team spirit, over-paid prima-donnas and around 20,000 waiting for a slip up to jump on the backs...i'd like to think if offered, he would stay here

I'm sure (hope) he will......still can't shake the 70's image of Notts Forest though with Cloughie at the helm....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCHUTTON @ Feb. 16 2006,17:23)]Gerry Francis, good enough to mentioned by some of the papers for the England job surely good enough for Forest
rock.gif

Which papers were these? The Beano?

Clough, Holloway or T Francis.

Don't make me laugh with Martin O'Neill!!!! Soho Square bound I hope, unlike that gibbon Gerry Francis.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCEssex @ Feb. 16 2006,19:38)]I think there'll give it to Nigel Clough and I reckon Forest fans would be happy with that.
I heard from a decent source at the weekend that Nigel Clough wouldn't be interested.

He's really happy at Burton at the moment - the job there alllows him to spend a lot of time with his young family - and won't be interested in taking a bigger job until they're a bit more grown up.

Back