• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question back pain?

BrettieAngell

THE ROCK GOD
I've been off work since last monday becuase of pain in my lower back, i've been taking anti-inflammatries (since last monday) and painkillers (since thursday) and using deep heat and having a bath every day but nothing seems to be shifting the pain. Has anyone got any tips or advice they can offer?

yeah man dont use deep heat. that wont do you any good at all.

I've been off work since last monday becuase of pain in my lower back, i've been taking anti-inflammatries (since last monday) and painkillers (since thursday) and using deep heat and having a bath every day but nothing seems to be shifting the pain. Has anyone got any tips or advice they can offer?

You have my sympathy.
I had this a few years back. It was agony just trying to do the basic things like putting on socks/underpants and wiping one's arse, so I didn't bother.

I would seek medical advice, or get some strong booze to blot out the pain.

Kind Regards

I know this might sound strange Rich ,but when Sira had all her back problems the best thing she found to use was Olbas Oil. Was so much more effective than deep heat

Exercise if you can. Either bike riding or swimming as you will use your muscles equally.

And this sounds ridiculous but worked for me, if you sleep on your side, put a pillow between your knees.

Told you Rich, get it looked at properly - my damaged ligaments went completely undiagnosed and I now have a permanent and irreparable problem in my lower back.

A good exercise to try is laying on your back with your knees bent and slowly lowering them to the floor to the right and then the left keeping your knees together - not quickly like what (!) the footballers do!

Go back to the doctor and get some stronger tablets.
I had lots of back pain when we had the twins (lifting the little buggers out of the cot/car/buggy/bath).
One time i slept upright in a chair as i couldn't even lay down. The worst was when i had like a cramp spasm in the lower back, i'd scream out in agony!
I got prescribed some stronger tablets and just one and a half days later i was leaping about as happy as Larry (btw who is Larry and why is he so happy?).

I'm taking co-codomal, if its still the same by the end of the week then I will have to get back to the doctors and get something done about it.

I've been doing stretching aswell (because of my knee).

Went to the hospital and the doc I saw reckons I've strained a muscle.

Apparently doing my exercises is a big no no. He also prescribed Diazepam to help me sleep, has anyone on here had that before?

Only take the diazepam (Valium) if you really can't manage without it.

Try Voltarol gel massaged into the painful area, it works much better than Deep Heat and tablets. You can buy it in Tesco's.

Back