• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

overseas shrimper

Life President⭐
Well, I have returned to a rather hot and sunny Malta after a month in the UK.

My trip was both business and pleasure, but the business end was carefully timed to allow me to make the end of season run-in. Priorities have to be in place!

I was hoping to watch The Shrimpers lift their first trophy of a national cup final AND romp to automatic promotion.

I saw neither.

The Cardiff final was a kick in the guts. What was to follow was a Stuart Pearce strength kick well aimed just a little lower.

What would have been a thorughly depressing time was made a little more palatable thanks to the great supporters of Southend United. It was great travelling the country with Grim, Grim Jr (even if he does try to hog the car CD player), The Duke and meeting so many Zoners.

Being back in Malta has left a bitter taste in my mouth. There's an overwhelming feeling of 'mission unaccomplished'. I'll now have to watch the games on Sky, rather than watch them live.

Even if I was in the UK, I just don't know if I could face the Mill Stad again, knowing what our record is like there.

After the Grimsby game, and those northeners cheated us out of a full game, I had a lump in my throat and was close to balling it.

I just hope that the lads can leave us in tears of joy come the end of the month, and put the Mill Stad jinx to bed.

UP THE SHRIMPERS!

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southender @ May 11 2005,16:29)]cheer up. it could be worse.

you could be an orient fan
laugh.gif
If I were an Orient fan, I would have stayed at home... like the rest of them.

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 11 2005,15:24)]Well, I have returned to a rather hot and sunny Malta after a month in the UK.

I was hoping to watch The Shrimpers lift their first trophy of a national cup final AND romp to automatic promotion.
Ok, did our problems not go wrong a month ago starting with the LDV Final...?

This means now you've gone back hopefully promotion plans are back in place
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ May 11 2005,15:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 11 2005,15:24)]Well, I have returned to a rather hot and sunny Malta after a month in the UK.

tounge.gif
I was just thinking the same thing

laugh.gif

[b said:

UP THE SHRIMPERS!

sad.gif
Lucky so so, we have just bought an appartment in St Paul's Bay for holidays and maybe eventually moving permanently there....so leave some of the sunshine for me in June and July when we are out their.

Humble

I will be in Malta (St Julians Bay) between the 7th and 21st of June for my wedding - are you out there then? Am already meeting up with OS again, Shrimperzone reunion on Malta???

[b said:
Quote[/b] (HUMBLEPIE @ May 11 2005,17:15)]
[b said:

UP THE SHRIMPERS!

sad.gif
Lucky so so, we have just bought an appartment in St Paul's Bay for holidays and maybe eventually moving permanently there....so leave some of the sunshine for me in June and July when we are out their.

Humble
St. Paul's Bay?

That's the Vange of Malta.

Just kidding.

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ May 11 2005,16:50)]
[b said:

tounge.gif
But I was at Macclesfield, so ner!

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 11 2005,16:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ May 11 2005,16:50)]
[b said:

tounge.gif
But I was at Macclesfield, so ner!

tounge.gif

It was good to meet you and your long-suffering brother, OS, and Mrs OS - if you'd hung around a couple of minutes in Grimsby, I'd have treated you to fish n chips, they were truly excelent. Pity the day took a downward turn from there.

Isn't it fun watching Southend. Nothing ever the simple easy way....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 11 2005,16:39)]
[b said:
[b said:

UP THE SHRIMPERS!

sad.gif

Humble
St. Paul's Bay?

Just kidding.

biggrin.gif
Nice place then?!
tounge.gif

[b said:

My trip was both business and pleasure, but the business end was carefully timed to allow me to make the end of season run-in. Priorities have to be in place!

I saw neither.

The Cardiff final was a kick in the guts. What was to follow was a Stuart Pearce strength kick well aimed just a little lower.

What would have been a thorughly depressing time was made a little more palatable thanks to the great supporters of Southend United. It was great travelling the country with Grim, Grim Jr (even if he does try to hog the car CD player), The Duke and meeting so many Zoners.

Being back in Malta has left a bitter taste in my mouth. There's an overwhelming feeling of 'mission unaccomplished'. I'll now have to watch the games on Sky, rather than watch them live.

Even if I was in the UK, I just don't know if I could face the Mill Stad again, knowing what our record is like there.

After the Grimsby game, and those northeners cheated us out of a full game, I had a lump in my throat and was close to balling it.

I just hope that the lads can leave us in tears of joy come the end of the month, and put the Mill Stad jinx to bed.

UP THE SHRIMPERS!

sad.gif
Was good to meet you mate before the Orient home game!

Sorry SUFC couldn't get automatic promotion before you went back to Malta!

Hope your wife is well! We're enjoying her C.D.

Take care mate and hope to see you soon one day!

UP THE BLUES!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ May 11 2005,19:34)]if you'd hung around a couple of minutes in Grimsby, I'd have treated you to fish n chips, they were truly excelent.
Hang around in that sh*t hole!?

wink.gif

Seriously though... thanks for that. We had fish 'n' chips before the game and they were very good. I saw you in the chippy pre-game too. Did you have fish 'n' chips before AND after the game?

Tutt-tutt.

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ May 11 2005,20:51)]Was good to meet you mate before the Orient home game!

Sorry SUFC couldn't get automatic promotion before you went back to Malta!

Hope your wife is well!  We're enjoying her C.D.

Take care mate and hope to see you soon one day!

UP THE BLUES!
Good to meet you too... and glad you're enjoying the CD.

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 11 2005,16:39)]
[b said:
[b said:

UP THE SHRIMPERS!

sad.gif

Humble
St. Paul's Bay?

Just kidding.

biggrin.gif
Its got one thing over Vange its 2 minutes from the Med....Vange is 20 minutes from Benfleet Creek...
biggrin.gif

Back