• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Backroom Staff Salary Issues

What we actually need first and foremost is an explanation of how the funding released by the stages of the FF development ensures the necessary recapitalisation of the club until we reach the point when the new stadium is open (if only three sides). The point where the club can be sold. Perhaps the ST can push for this as the supporters urgently need reassurance (or more so the staff). In particular, does the first sum initial provided give sufficient recapitalisation or are we reliant on certain of stages being achieved in a timely manner?

He won't sell until this point in the future.
The club won't be allowed to go under before its sold.

PS of course the value of Ron's assets (land for FF and RH) grows/has grown exponentially as the development progresses providing the assets for collateral into the £10s of millions probably. While the land is committed to the development there has long been an agreement, I believe, by which funds could be released against such collateral. Probably based on stages of development hence the problem.

What makes this situation even more infuriating is that we have CREDIBLE prospective buyers out there for this club! It’s not like Ron is staying because he has no way to get shot of us, he’s staying because he has gambled the proverbial house on the new stadium and back himself into a corner.
ACCEPT YOU CANT MAKE THIS WORK!!!

For the love of god Ron at least sit down with those that are serious and have serious backing to buy and or invest in this club, ADMIT YOU CANT DONT THIS ALONE.

If you want for once to do the right thing for this club and to end with a sliver of credibility then sell before you drag us into oblivion.
He’s a fan remember like you and I … funny isn it, every day fans have different opinions but he seems to be the only fan in the land of this club that sees what he is doing to us as ‘what we want’ we all hate him with a passion and wish he would **** off for good just leave this club alone walk away you cretin

Here we go again with the Ron out brigade. Until we have a creditable alternative we are stuck with him as Chairman. That does not stop us scandalising and making this non payment issue as public as possible even if that ended up with embargo or points deductions.

Show me a CREDIBLE alternative other than hoping a rich sugar daddy comes in.

Carl I’m a dedicated fan Reader (must be good because more people knew him at SHSB than went to Bury and Cardiff)? Don’t make me laugh. If he’d come with a backed by private equity or hedge fund investment it would have some traction. I don’t care if a pension fund is based in Monaco, Curaçao, the Antarctic or the moon. No pension fund trustee is going to be going within ten miles of unacceptable risk with no conceivable revenue stream.

Ron may be a scumbag but he is our scumbag and at least until FF is fully funded and/or developed he will remain our scumbag.

Sorry for the reality check but some people need to get into the real world
Wow really surprised to read this utter bollox by you …

The worrying thing is, this is just scratching the surface on the real goings on behind the scenes. I for one hope more light is shed on whats really happening in the coming weeks...

I'm informed that allegedly some staff members in recent weeks have even had to purchase water bottles for the players and detergent to wash the kits, out of their own pockets. No I am not joking.

The truth needs to come out and appropriate action (Whatever that may be) taken by the fanbase in due course.
Well why don’t you start a list of all the things you’ve heard … you and I will know everything you have heard will ultimately be true so it doesn’t hurt to list the issues

We’ve all sat back for to long

Totally agree mate, my point it that this club needs new fans coming through to take the lead on this, just can’t be me and the same old faces.
Agree with this Scott, your face definitely doesn’t get boring though.

If anyone interested getting more involved with the Trust, we are always looking for fresh faces (and ideas) and I think this now more than ever!

Brilliant I’ve followed a few of your posts where you seem to mock those that have a real factual and valid point and to back those of an alleged guttersnake with the morals of a rat
Yet again I am no fan of Ron and have repeatedly stated that. You endlessly saying otherwise won't make it true.

All I had the temerity to do is ask the question below? Instead of an answer I get your response suggesting I am "mocking" someone for asking the question? Please explain to us how my question was "mocking" anyone? Or indeed who else I have "mocked"?

Hi guys me again a little update regarding the statement …

1) Staff have NOT been paid yet ! That is a lie.

2) No staff have agreed to a wage deferral ! That is also a LIE.

Get this scum bag out of beloved club
A question do you mean all staff or some staff have not been paid? Clearly some staff haven’t.
How can you possibly know that no staff have agreed a deferral- do you work in the finance team?
Personally I struggle with the idea the Tom would allow a statement to go out was “lies” as you state…

Here we go again with the Ron out brigade. Until we have a creditable alternative we are stuck with him as Chairman. That does not stop us scandalising and making this non payment issue as public as possible even if that ended up with embargo or points deductions.

Show me a CREDIBLE alternative other than hoping a rich sugar daddy comes in.

Carl I’m a dedicated fan Reader (must be good because more people knew him at SHSB than went to Bury and Cardiff)? Don’t make me laugh. If he’d come with a backed by private equity or hedge fund investment it would have some traction. I don’t care if a pension fund is based in Monaco, Curaçao, the Antarctic or the moon. No pension fund trustee is going to be going within ten miles of unacceptable risk with no conceivable revenue stream.

Ron may be a scumbag but he is our scumbag and at least until FF is fully funded and/or developed he will remain our scumbag.

Sorry for the reality check but some people need to get into the real world
Just because you don’t know of a credible alternative does not mean there is not one, I happen to to know of one directly and some limited knowledge of another two.

Ron maybe our ‘scumbag’ as you put it but it’s at the point now that anyone would be better and that includes sodding Dagenham Kev!

Trouble with these alternatives is the one single problem and that’s Ron has not and will not speak to any of them! This is not just about money this is now an ethical problem as well with an owner with an ego larger than the globe itself.

I originally heard a few months ago that a large wedge was coming Rons way in Oct, but that getting to that point was always going to be a dodgy period for cash flow, which in recent months has left the club having to make decsisions on what gets paid and what doesnt. If the shortfalls were, just for example, 60 to 100k each month, decisions about what gets paid and what doesnt need to be made. Unpopular decisions and who'd want to have to do that job! Games recently called off etc wont have helped. Although I dont know any updates on what, if, or when amounts will be received, its starting to sound like there are delays, which I very much doubt the club could afford to be factored in, which is probably why we are hearing phrases such as bridging loans etc..

Talk though is cheap mate this club needs action, only Ron can enact that by accepting a buyout or something along those lines

Which we have zero chance. Any that has tried, has zero chance of ANY dialogue with him, he just won't entertain it.

I literally cannot see a way out of any of this for us as a club or as fans, and that is so so sad :(

Agree with this Scott, your face definitely doesn’t get boring though.

If anyone interested getting more involved with the Trust, we are always looking for fresh faces (and ideas) and I think this now more than ever!
Agreed, but I would also point out that the trust need to (in my view) withdraw all support for this **** show, I know that’s a tough thing as it in part goes against what the trust is there for but if there is any organisation with the backing and the mandate it’s the trust.
Ron should be made aware under no certain terms that the trust want him to sell and will help facilitate that.

I offer my support to the trust in that in any way I can and I’m at your disposal.

Which we have zero chance. Any that has tried, has zero chance of ANY dialogue with him, he just won't entertain it.

I literally cannot see a way out of any of this for us as a club or as fans, and that is so so sad :(
Administration or bust looks like the current situation. I see it going no other way at the moment.

Even administration requires the directors to file for it, so fat chance of that happening.

This is all an unsavoury, but not unexpected turn of events, again......

It appears from the limited info we are privy to, that the club is completely incapable of funding itself despite averaging a very decent average crowd for non league level, and an array of sponsorship. Despite the promise of continuing support from 'group companies' we are not even able to pay all staff on time on an almost permanent basis, a situation that cannot be allowed to continue, in any other business area this would have ended badly before now already.

The only solution is for fresh investment and to remove RM from being the Operator of all things but the Master of none.

Perhaps the reason he appears so unwilling to even have the common decency to speak to potential parties is due to the complexity of the group company interactions? For all we know the whole thing is a house of cards waiting to collapse and any discussions will soon reveal the truth to all concerned. Whatever the situation is it's clear that it cannot continue, staff suffering a cost of living crisis ned paying in full and on time at the very least. RM has shown he is incapable of providing that basic function, and as such his position is untenable. The fact that it seems to be common practice in how we operate says all you need to know.

I’m afraid to say that a lot of our fan base have to take some responsibility here.

For the past few years Martin has run the club into the ground and the signs have been clear to see that it was only going one way under his leadership. This hasn’t been the first, second or even 15th time that staff haven’t been laid not to mention the transfer embargo’s every season along with the winding up orders.

And yet a lot of fans have just sat back and actually moaned about some groups attempts at protests and said what good will they do, who else will but us, we’re stuck with Ron.

Well there has been a lot of interests from various parties wanting to buy the club but Ron won’t entertain it cos he would rather see the club suffer just so he gets his end pot of gold, that’s all he cares about.

Oldham, Charlton and Blackpool all managed to force their owners into selling the club yet most of our fans won’t do anything.

I don’t know of another club in this country that the fans would have just sat back and done nothing and watch the killing of our club happen before their very eyes.

Fans need to grow a set of balls and fight for their club before it’s too late.

Martin must go and fan unity and power can achieve a lot. We have seen that at other clubs!
This is the sad truth and goes back to my earlier point about trying to do something, one thing that was achieved was media exposer to the problem at the club, this has made some potential buyers come to the surface and for that I’m proud of.
However all of that is for nothing if Ron does not sell. But other clubs fans then took things a step further and forced their owners out through various different ways of making the current owners position untenable. Much of this came from official supporters clubs/trusts and we need ours to do the same.
We have tried the softly softly approach we have tired all the usual methods but now our trust needs to be taking things to the next level.

Just in closing this is not a dig at the trust because I can understand what a difficult position they are in but I think it’s time to go the route of all the other clubs that solved their ownership issue

Agreed, but I would also point out that the trust need to (in my view) withdraw all support for this **** show, I know that’s a tough thing as it in part goes against what the trust is there for but if there is any organisation with the backing and the mandate it’s the trust.
Ron should be made aware under no certain terms that the trust want him to sell and will help facilitate that.

I offer my support to the trust in that in any way I can and I’m at your disposal.
Think it’s a very fine line personally. On the one hand you don’t want to support the way the club is being run and bail them (Ron) out, but also you are potentially cutting of your nose to spite your face by not offering support (in wages for instance) with potential points deductions and embargos etc. Perhaps we have to take a step back to move forward .. i certainly don’t have the answer.

All I know is the situation is very embarrassing and I feel sorry for the staff who are being given the run around.

Think it’s a very fine line personally. On the one hand you don’t want to support the way the club is being run and bail them (Ron) out, but also you are potentially cutting of your nose to spite your face by not offering support (in wages for instance) with potential points deductions and embargos etc. Perhaps we have to take a step back to move forward .. i certainly don’t have the answer.

All I know is the situation is very embarrassing and I feel sorry for the staff who are being given the run around.
Let’s be honest mate the trust have tried every other move other than withdrawing support for the club, I really feel it’s time to take the leap and be bold on this. No other group has the numbers or the mandate as I have said before.

Ballot the members see if they want the trust to pull away from the club and help facilitate and work with new parties to buy this football club and wipe the slate clean.

Let’s be honest mate the trust have tried every other move other than withdrawing support for the club, I really feel it’s time to take the leap and be bold on this. No other group has the numbers or the mandate as I have said before.

Ballot the members see if they want the trust to pull away from the club and help facilitate and work with new parties to buy this football club and wipe the slate clean.

Ut dicitur.

and of course,

qui tacet consentire videtur

Why on earth does it always have to be the low paid workers that take a hit. These workers need it more than higher paid staff who could have a % deferred to a later date. #MartinOut

I doubt many of our players earn enough to survive for long without payment either.

Humour me, but why can’t Ron sell the club before the stadium is built?

It would be a complicated deal I guess but if someone, or a group, came in and agreed to buy the assets of the football playing side now, agree to pay a sensible rent on RH in the meantime, agree a price to buy Fossetts Stadium (or rent if need be) when built…… why can’t that be done?

Ron still gets his money back via property sales, and Ron is gone from the club asap.

What am I missing?

I haven’t finished reading the thread yet, so I assume someone has already answered in much more detail than I can, but basically it comes down to Ron’s valuation and/or possibly ego.

But everyone’s ego has a price, so I’m not necessarily inclined to believe that one anymore.

Back