• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Backroom Staff Salary Issues

I seem to have missed this.

Out of interest what makes them credible?
They are not Ron Martin for a start!

Seriously though by the people
Involved one with experience in running a football club with backers who have the financial clout to move things forward

Can someone as well why we're still waiting for the 2019/20 Accounts to be published?

And the 2020/21

Reactions: Jai
Refering back to another story about KM being called recently to the office of TL, I wonder if the two issues were related?
Was KM told privately about the issues of non- payment of wages and that the playing staff were ok. Just an idle thought on my part.

Refering back to another story about KM being called recently to the office of TL, I wonder if the two issues were related?
Was KM told privately about the issues of non- payment of wages and that the playing staff were ok. Just an idle thought on my part.
I doubt that would be a surprise to KM after all he has been in our squad many times as a player when they were paid late! And this was over 15 years ago and nothing has changed

That was never proven

That was a load of old rubbish.

I’ll repeat again. Show me a credible investor or alternative. Ron’s not walking away tomorrow with no return on years of juggling and even if he did there are no assets wouldn’t have either been stripped, mortgaged or pledged as security. What then?

I’ll also repeat the inability to pay staff is disgusting. The talk of getting a keeper to cover a crisis is almost as bad. No more loans or signings until those that need paying get paid and get paid on time. This fiasco is now out in the open. Interested to see what NL does next.

Can someone as well why we're still waiting for the 2019/20 Accounts to be published?

And the 2020/21
Perhaps can’t find an accountant to sign them off!
Interestingly RM’s shareholding company South Eastern Leisure was served with a First Gazette Notice for compulsory strike off on 5 April 2022 and the outstanding accounts for the year up to 31 January 2020 were submitted on 13 April 2022 to Companies House.
Suspect the same course of action may happen to Southend United Football Club Limited.

Seems to me to just be the fact that some fans went to school with him and he is a motivational speaker. If he has spoken to Ron and Ron has said no then he either hasn’t offered enough money or there are doubts as to funding

I'm no financial expert, but this is a disaster waiting to happen, ******* out the future value of the land to pay wages today... doesn't sound good
It does sound very much like Donald Trump's business model.

I’ll repeat again. Show me a credible investor or alternative. Ron’s not walking away tomorrow with no return on years of juggling and even if he did there are no assets wouldn’t have either been stripped, mortgaged or pledged as security. What then?

I’ll also repeat the inability to pay staff is disgusting. The talk of getting a keeper to cover a crisis is almost as bad. No more loans or signings until those that need paying get paid and get paid on time. This fiasco is now out in the open. Interested to see what NL does next.

As I see it the best and most sustainable option is for the fans to take control - certainly in the short to medium

BUT getting RM out probably means forcing the club into administration - which is quite possible. If things became too unstable at SUFC creditors might start demanding payment and stop working. Bankers/get nervous - the pack of cards collapses ..

Interestingly RM’s shareholding company South Eastern Leisure was served with a First Gazette Notice for compulsory strike off on 5 April 2022 and the outstanding accounts for the year up to 31 January 2020 were submitted on 13 April 2022 to Companies House.
Suspect the same course of action may happen to Southend United Football Club Limited.

"Common reasons why a first Gazette notice is issued include non‐payment of tax, non-submission of company accounts, and failing to inform Companies House of a new corporate address. If after contacting the company there's no response, Companies House will assume the company is no longer in business."

We must have received heaps of these!

"Common reasons why a first Gazette notice is issued include non‐payment of tax, non-submission of company accounts, and failing to inform Companies House of a new corporate address. If after contacting the company there's no response, Companies House will assume the company is no longer in business."

We must have received heaps of these!
We haven’t. They would be on the filing history on Companies House if we had.

You are a millionaire, can't you help ?

The only credible alternative is a fans led organisation ..

Running a debt free NL club with a 5k supporter base successfully should not be beyond the wit of of South Essexs finest minds ..

The only thing holding us back is RM chaining us into his debt laden empire ..

Get rid of RM, get rid of the debt - AND then there will be ONIONS and proper beer !!

Seems to me to just be the fact that some fans went to school with him and he is a motivational speaker. If he has spoken to Ron and Ron has said no then he either hasn’t offered enough money or there are doubts as to funding

You do realise that anyone who has been interested has said Ron will not even entertain beginning dialogue with them?

Back