• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Backroom Staff Salary Issues

Worcester Warriors and Wasps Rugby clubs are apparently on the verge of administration and have been told unless they can guarantee they are able to stage their next home game then they will be kicked out of the league.
I would have thought the National League must have some criteria that the home club has to put in place before staging a match. Maybe sufficient stewarding, ticket office open etc.
Just thinking that if the unpaid staff refuse to work could that have an impact on staging a game? Maybe someone on here knows the National League rules or any other organisations rules on the issue.

Worcester Warriors and Wasps Rugby clubs are apparently on the verge of administration and have been told unless they can guarantee they are able to stage their next home game then they will be kicked out of the league.
I would have thought the National League must have some criteria that the home club has to put in place before staging a match. Maybe sufficient stewarding, ticket office open etc.
Just thinking that if the unpaid staff refuse to work could that have an impact on staging a game? Maybe someone on here knows the National League rules or any other organisations rules on the issue.
Yes, there is a lot of criteria that have to be met, stewards per x number of attendees, health and safety, matchday secretary, video crew to meet BT obligations, even so far as someone who updates Twitter (as yes, that's where the NL get their scores from).

Those are the NL rules.

Refering back to another story about KM being called recently to the office of TL, I wonder if the two issues were related?
Was KM told privately about the issues of non- payment of wages and that the playing staff were ok. Just an idle thought on my part.
There was no confirmation of that story at all. It was one of those rumours that some love to post just to see the reaction.

I’ll repeat again. Show me a credible investor or alternative. Ron’s not walking away tomorrow with no return on years of juggling and even if he did there are no assets wouldn’t have either been stripped, mortgaged or pledged as security. What then?

I’ll also repeat the inability to pay staff is disgusting. The talk of getting a keeper to cover a crisis is almost as bad. No more loans or signings until those that need paying get paid and get paid on time. This fiasco is now out in the open. Interested to see what NL does next.
I think you have to realise that much of this is business sensitive and can’t just go telling all at this stage, there has to be a degree of faith that those that know a bit more about this have seen enough to know that there is better alternatives, myself in my limited business acumen being one.

Reactions: Jai
Seems to me to just be the fact that some fans went to school with him and he is a motivational speaker. If he has spoken to Ron and Ron has said no then he either hasn’t offered enough money or there are doubts as to funding
There is much more to it mate I assure you but just going to have to wait and let it play out

The only credible alternative is a fans led organisation ..

Running a debt free NL club with a 5k supporter base successfully should not be beyond the wit of of South Essexs finest minds ..

The only thing holding us back is RM chaining us into his debt laden empire ..

Get rid of RM, get rid of the debt - AND then there will be ONIONS and proper beer !!

I’ve asked once, and didn’t get an answer, so I’ll ask again.

Are there any successful fan led clubs? And also, we have 5k supporters now and we struggle to make ends meat, why would that change with RM gone?

I’ve asked once, and didn’t get an answer, so I’ll ask again.

Are there any successful fan led clubs? And also, we have 5k supporters now and we struggle to make ends meat, why would that change with RM gone?
Are you suggesting we follow the Forrest Green Rovers model and go vegetarian?

Feel for you guys, we just about managed to get rid of Tamplin before he took over, you guys need to get together and gets this egomaniac out. If you don’t go up this season it will only get worse as parachute payments finish. Just can’t believe a club with your gates can’t get by without these headlines he must be robbing you blind as the squad you have is hardly costing you a fortune. Have to feel for the staff many people live hand to mouth monthly, what a grade A arsehole this guy is.

Yes Exeter

I went to the real St James's Park in August with WS Junior when on holiday in Devon. Very tidy ground, with proper standing behind the goal and a fan-zone area with local cider and food. Got big plans - and the money they got for Ollie Watkins probably helps - and they are succeeding on the pitch too.

I went to the real St James's Park in August with WS Junior when on holiday in Devon. Very tidy ground, with proper standing behind the goal and a fan-zone area with local cider and food. Got big plans - and the money they got for Ollie Watkins probably helps - and they are succeeding on the pitch too.
Yes always a superb trip every time I have been down there

Feel for you guys, we just about managed to get rid of Tamplin before he took over, you guys need to get together and gets this egomaniac out. If you don’t go up this season it will only get worse as parachute payments finish. Just can’t believe a club with your gates can’t get by without these headlines he must be robbing you blind as the squad you have is hardly costing you a fortune. Have to feel for the staff many people live hand to mouth monthly, what a grade A arsehole this guy is.
You support Romford then I take it? Going on what you said about Tamplin

Welcome!

The one thing he's not doing is robbing the club. Sound to me like you're ****stirring.

Back