• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Backroom Staff Salary Issues

In fairness to Ron he never ever said that his interest in buying the club from Vic Jobson (along with Delancey - anyone remember the Q&A with Colin Wagman, he had security, I think he thought he was going to be lynched) was the property. After all he was supposedly a property developer.
Colin Wagman was a decent bloke.

• Haha
Reactions: Jai
He did stay there, but it was temporary as he finding and was sorting out his seafront flat. A lot of the players are put up there for a while when they first sign, before they get their own place, normally rented. Some of the loan signings are put there as well. The club have some sort of special rate deal with the Roslin, I was told.
I'm really not bothered by all this haha, it was a joke. Anyways, I'm not temporary is like a year or so.

Colin Wagman was a decent bloke.
Didn't say he wasn't but he looked pretty unsure about the fans. Of course everyone behaved themselves. Can't remember much of what was said but Delancey bailed out leaving Ron on his own. I think that just increased fans anxiety as clearly Delancey who were big players could not see the profit or at least knew it would take a lot longer than they wanted and Ron was not a big player

I'm really not bothered by all this haha, it was a joke. Anyways, I'm not temporary is like a year or so.
Yeah I know, but thought I would add in that extra info for others. So many posters over the years have got the wrong end of the stick regarding The Roslin. Some thinking Southend pay for them to reside there the whole of their contract, which isn't true.

Back