• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Backroom Staff Salary Issues

It’s amazing how so many’s commenting were saying just one more defender, a few more forwards, the midfield needs strengthening.

We have all known for years we need Ron or another benefactor to add money every month to Southend United for our survival.

It’s great the staff are taking a stand, but we are back, Ron must go, and we need someone else to put a million a year in the club plus whatever Ron will sell for.

Anyone have someone in mind?

It’s amazing how so many’s commenting were saying just one more defender, a few more forwards, the midfield needs strengthening.

We have all known for years we need Ron or another benefactor to add money every month to Southend United for our survival.

It’s great the staff are taking a stand, but we are back, Ron must go, and we need someone else to put a million a year in the club plus whatever Ron will sell for.

Anyone have someone in mind?
To be fair, it's a football fans job to speculate on the strength of the team, because that's the team they support and quite normal.

You would expect the club to pay the staff that works for it and for the fans to not even have to consider discussing staff wages.

It's an absolute disgrace how they are treated.

Further to the report in the Southend Echo today regarding Southend United FC's failure to pay the wages of non-playing staff, the Shrimpers Trust are aware of the current situation and continue to monitor and engage with the football club.

Whilst we understand the club has cashflow issues and will continue to do so, at least under the current ownership until the Fossetts Farm Stadium project is complete, people's livelihoods are at stake, as is SUFC's further-tarnished reputation. It is simply not acceptable, especially at a time when the country is suffering a cost of living crisis, for any staff member not to be paid in full and on time.

The Trust has offered its support in helping in the short-term and would welcome further communication as to how these matters can be resolved immediately.

If you have any questions for the Trust please feel free to contact us via our website, http://www.shrimperstrust.co.uk or by email on info@shrimperstrust.co.uk

The Shrimpers Trust Board

Funny, as when this got raised on here on previous months the thread was moved and people poo pooed the sources as it was against positive vibes.

Makes you wonder how me managed to sign KL this month and got another striker on loan when those in charge knew the salaries hadn't been paid.

Let’s get this crowdfunding page started if we all put small amount it will at least help pay some wages
Whilst i commend your concern for those poor people that ain't getting their rightful wages, the thought that i have a season card,i buy his beer eat his cold pies and buy my grandsons kits etc,i'll be buggered if i'll pay his wage bill.

Happydays this is no way a pop at you.

A lot of businesses are undercapitalised. Some fold whilst others muddle through until the revenue streams bring viability. I have long sympathised with Ron and acknowledged his efforts to try and keep us going to the promised land (FF). Now we are feasting on one turdburger too many.

There is more to a football club than coaches and players. All staff deserve to be paid for their endeavour and it is shameful that we are in this position. Again.

We all want success on the field and ultimately promotion but, that has to come in tandem with balancing the books and creating a sustainable club. If that means an extra season in this league then that's what we have to do. I cannot accept, condone or sanction the signing of players when other staff are not paid.

Ron holds the purse strings and is the first to know when revenue streams are not going to meet outgoings but, are we naive if we believe no one else, TL for example, did not know that whilst pushing through signings, club employees would be forced to wait for their wages?

Whatever and whoever is culpable, the situation and the trend, need to be reversed forthwith!

I missed the Wrexham game as it was last minute that I knew I could go. I tried to book online and so did my son but we couldn't progress to pay for tickets phase and no one would answer the phone at the club. Were we the only ones? How much did the club miss out on that day?

Ron is not going anywhere. He is 5' 9'' and the sh#t is 6' deep. He needs the development to throw him a life raft. His dire situation is impacting on the lives of too many others and he needs to cough up the wages PDQ.

I have always felt that not attending games was a negative protest and one that ultimately makes the hardship worse for the club. Right now I believe we should turn up to the Dagenham game and not enter the ground. We should occupy the car park and even block Victoria Avenue and all who attend should pay their ticket money into ST or another respected group. The monies can then be distributed to unpaid staff. We certainly need to do something positive until this fiasco of a club sorts out!!

you are joking right? the backroom staff are probably on minimum wage as it is - do you think an 'up and coming' tea lady/ticket sales receptionist or junior groundsman would jump at the chance of getting probably lower than what they are on now and with the prospect of not getting paid on time... a lot of these people can't even pay their rent/mortgage - its disgraceful.
It was a joke

Whilst i commend your concern for those poor people that ain't getting their rightful wages, the thought that i have a season card,i buy his beer eat his cold pies and buy my grandsons kits etc,i'll be buggered if i'll pay his wage bill.

Happydays this is no way a pop at you.
Agree on that. Whilst the sentiment is there, RM as an employer has the responsibility and legal requirement to pay his employees. Its unacceptable to expect others to on his incompetent ignorant behalf....

Back