• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Backroom Staff Salary Issues

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Disgusted and embarrassed that our club is continuing to treat good people so poorly and for so long. This should not be happening.

Why are we not able to meet basic operational costs such as staff salaries in a timely manner?

Why is this happening every month?

What support are the poor staff getting?

Where is the financial support from "Group companies" that we are continually told is there?

Well done to those staff refusing to work. I for one back you all the way.

The custodian of our club is not operating it in an acceptable manner and hasn't done for years. Enough of the bull****, enough of the excuses. Real peoples livelihoods are being impacted here. Change needed, right now. It's time the fans voiced their displeasure at the Chairman again and showed solidarity with those being treated like ****. We are all being taken for mugs, every single one of us, fans and staff alike.

SECTIONS of Southend United backroom staff are limiting their work this week due to late payment of their wages for August.

Blues’ players and coaching staff have received their pay packets.

But those behind the scenes are still waiting to be paid, three weeks after their scheduled pay day.
Echosport understands frustrated staff – who have regularly been paid late – worked Saturday’s 0-0 draw with Wrexham at Roots Hall.

One disgruntled worker also told the Echo they had not been paid on time for six months.

Southend United have been contacted to comment

If this is true, completely stand by them. Some of these people are not earning big wages and in times of a cost of living crisis, its criminal they are not being paid on time.

How long before the likes of physio clears off again leaving a vacancy for a long period again.

If you provide a service, it's reasonable to get paid for it!

If this is true, completely stand by them. Some of these people are not earning big wages and in times of a cost of living crisis, its criminal they are not being paid on time.

How long before the likes of physio clears off again leaving a vacancy for a long period again.

If you provide a service, it's reasonable to get paid for it!
It is very much true and I'd suggest this article is just scratching the surface on the real goings on behind the scenes.

Well done to them.

The way this club is continually being run will continue to see me not going as much as I once would have done. I've been once since COVID, for one having 2 young kids plays a part but me and the Mrs could easily "take turns" to go but neither of us have the appetite and for me, this is one of the main reasons. Until the club is run properly, on and off the pitch, then my stance will continue as such.

Maybe we could replace them with up and coming backroom staff from the lower leagues?
you are joking right? the backroom staff are probably on minimum wage as it is - do you think an 'up and coming' tea lady/ticket sales receptionist or junior groundsman would jump at the chance of getting probably lower than what they are on now and with the prospect of not getting paid on time... a lot of these people can't even pay their rent/mortgage - its disgraceful.

Back