• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Backroom Staff Salary Issues

"Thanks for keeping me going peasants. Your hard earnt cash means I can keep my other companies going and fill up my bentley, while drip feeding debt into your club. I cant believe ive got away with this for all these years. No wonder I love this club! Onwards and upwards. The future is bright. Love Ron"

Last edited:
you are joking right? the backroom staff are probably on minimum wage as it is - do you think an 'up and coming' tea lady/ticket sales receptionist or junior groundsman would jump at the chance of getting probably lower than what they are on now and with the prospect of not getting paid on time... a lot of these people can't even pay their rent/mortgage - its disgraceful.
Oh my 🤦‍♂️

Echo

Southend United issue club statement to explain late payment​

SOUTHEND United say staff have been paid late due to a 'slight delay in the building programme at Boots & Laces.'
Echosport revealed earlier today how staff were still waiting to be paid their August salaries.

But the club insist most staff members have now been paid while others have taken a 'wage deferral' to help the club.
The club statement said: "There have been a few bumps in the road on our journey to financial sustainability at Fossett’s Farm.
"The latest problem that has arisen is a short term cashflow issue caused by a slight delay in the building programme at Boots & Laces

"In short, as a consequence of the delay, it will be a couple of months before some of the enhanced land value (created by the planning permission that has been obtained) can be released to help fund the club.

"Bridging finance has been agreed, but has not yet been received....and in the intervening period, it is correct that some staff were paid late – for which we have apologised.

"It is also correct that a handful of staff have agreed to a wage deferral for a few more days to assist the club’s cash flow.

"We are very grateful to our back office and operations teams for their commitment, patience and loyalty, their positive approach and understanding will be rewarded."

Why it has come through Echo rather than formally through the website and social media outlets, trying to keep the brunt of the fanbase and opening it to the world to a minimum I see.

Joke.

So it looks like cash flow and budgets assumed release of funds according to the collateral provided by asset revaluation based on stages of the the FF development. No surprise there.

Problem is all developments are subject to unexpected delays and it seems budgets/cash flow did not have this contingency built in…or the financial means to build it in was not there.

Anyhow this all goes back to what we were told months ago about FF enabling the “recapitalisation” of the club.

The club must have known this would leak out at some point so why not head it off and get the reasons why in first.Thats poor from the media department currently nothing on the clubs website

So it looks like cash flow and budgets assumed release of funds according to the collateral provided by asset revaluation based on stages of the the FF development. No surprise there.

Problem is all developments are subject to unexpected delays and it seems budgets/cash flow did not have this contingency built in…or the financial means to build it in was not there.

Anyhow this all goes back to what we were told months ago about FF enabling the “recapitalisation” of the club.
I've seen nothing to suggest the club has ever factored in contingency or risk since Ron has been here! As said repeatedly for over a decade...the guy is a truly woeful businessman. Not fit to own one.

From speaking to one of the affected employees, one of the biggest gripes that the staff have is that…

a. There is no prior communication that they aren’t going to be paid, and…
b. When they don’t get paid, there is no acknowledgement from the club, almost as if it isn’t happening.

No one likes bad news, but at least if you are told up front about it you can all deal with it like adults.

Pathetic from the club yet again.

I've seen nothing to suggest the club has ever factored in contingency or risk since Ron has been here! As said repeatedly for over a decade...the guy is a truly woeful businessman. Not fit to own one.
What would be good to know is how much funding this releases…sufficient to at least end of season would be good…for a month or two then we need another funding stage bad… as has been said this hand to mouth stuff is a recipe for it all going wrong..

Hi guys me again a little update regarding the statement …

1) Staff have NOT been paid yet ! That is a lie.

2) No staff have agreed to a wage deferral ! That is also a LIE.

Get this scum bag out of beloved club
A question do you mean all staff or some staff have not been paid? Clearly some staff haven’t.
How can you possibly know that no staff have agreed a deferral- do you work in the finance team?
Personally I struggle with the idea the Tom would allow a statement to go out was “lies” as you state…

Back