• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Backroom Staff Salary Issues

RM cant afford it - he is bust ,,,, a properly run club could afford it - no problem
It just isn’t sustainable for any club to “rent” their ground. It doesn’t work. The concept has been created to move money from one pot to another. Simple as that. No national league club and less than a handful of league clubs can afford rent.

Further to the report in the Southend Echo today regarding Southend United FC's failure to pay the wages of non-playing staff, the Shrimpers Trust are aware of the current situation and continue to monitor and engage with the football club.

Whilst we understand the club has cashflow issues and will continue to do so, at least under the current ownership until the Fossetts Farm Stadium project is complete, people's livelihoods are at stake, as is SUFC's further-tarnished reputation. It is simply not acceptable, especially at a time when the country is suffering a cost of living crisis, for any staff member not to be paid in full and on time.

The Trust has offered its support in helping in the short-term and would welcome further communication as to how these matters can be resolved immediately.

If you have any questions for the Trust please feel free to contact us via our website, http://www.shrimperstrust.co.uk or by email on info@shrimperstrust.co.uk

The Shrimpers Trust Board
I would suggest that the Trust doesn't give another penny from fundraising to the club. The Balloon Race etc are great ideas, but I suggest all future monies raised are held in a fighting fund for the supporters only.

Or is not still working at 9.30pm- no doubt it will be on the site in the morning?
We've had other important communications published later in the evening. Highly doubt it's to do with working hours but rather due to staff strikes.

There's no way we're going to be able to afford the floodlights etc through the winter months

Am I right in thinking the club is telling a blatant lie that any of the staff have been paid/given an acceptable payment agreement? In that case this is far worse than anything we've had before.

We've had other important communications published later in the evening. Highly doubt it's to do with working hours but rather due to staff strikes.
Maybe but other communications may have been expected/planned and so arrangements made. Anyhow it would have been worse if statement had been delayed so it could be on the web at the same time..

Am I right in thinking the club is telling a blatant lie that any of the staff have been paid/given an acceptable payment agreement? In that case this is far worse than anything we've had before.
Believable though isnt it, and therein lies the problem.

Why on earth does it always have to be the low paid workers that take a hit. These workers need it more than higher paid staff who could have a % deferred to a later date. #MartinOut
Because the higher paid workers (players) can bring good results on the pitch, which makes all the fickle supporters happy and they stop asking questions about the finances of the club.

Well happydays has already confirmed he knows a staff member who was paid earlier today. So no I I’m afraid I think your wrong in thinking they are telling blatant lies.

No it’s not. I don’t believe Tom would in fact be part of that. But the fact that some believe otherwise is indeed part of the problem
You dont think theres a slight chance ron might be "fibbing" to tom on occasion?

I dont think its a question of toms integrity.

Well happydays has already confirmed he knows a staff member who was paid earlier today. So no I I’m afraid I think your wrong in thinking they are telling blatant lies.
What period was the employer paid for, though ? Jun, Jul, Aug ? May have just been paid as a reaction to the story coming out

As @Supa Shrimpa rightly says paid what exactly? Paid up to date? Or just paid some of what they’re already owed? @happydays if you’re okay to confirm that would be great mate 👍🏻

Back