• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Backroom Staff Salary Issues

Here we go again with the Ron out brigade. Until we have a creditable alternative we are stuck with him as Chairman. That does not stop us scandalising and making this non payment issue as public as possible even if that ended up with embargo or points deductions.

Show me a CREDIBLE alternative other than hoping a rich sugar daddy comes in.

Carl I’m a dedicated fan Reader (must be good because more people knew him at SHSB than went to Bury and Cardiff)? Don’t make me laugh. If he’d come with a backed by private equity or hedge fund investment it would have some traction. I don’t care if a pension fund is based in Monaco, Curaçao, the Antarctic or the moon. No pension fund trustee is going to be going within ten miles of unacceptable risk with no conceivable revenue stream.

Ron may be a scumbag but he is our scumbag and at least until FF is fully funded and/or developed he will remain our scumbag.

Sorry for the reality check but some people need to get into the real world

I understand, it’s difficult, but you do some great stuff and the effort isn’t unnoticed with fans.
Thanks, it kills me this situation it really does, in all my years supporting this club and like other fans spending thousands of pounds for this utter **** show.

Southend United as a football club are an embarrassment.

We have an owner who if the sky was blue would try tell you it was red and seemingly for no other reason that to feed an ego longer than Southend pier.

We are a cringeworthy club, we really are and if you look up in the English dictionary the word ‘Pound Shop’ that should incorporate us as a football club…
A Micky mouse pound shop football club on.

Ron you are a disgrace to football club ownership, your greed has allowed this situation to happen when throughout the past and even TO THIS DAY there are viable offers and people who wish to invest and take this club forward.

As a trust life member I would wish to see the trust pull all support for the club and refuse to engage till Ron sells and the club is in new hands, that in itself may seem extreme but what options are left? The trust are the organisation to lead the charge with this, they have the support and they have the mandate.

I am finished with this joke of a club and I don’t say that on a whim, I never ever imagined I was be this upset/down/distraught/angry/and so on.

DO THE RIGHT THING…. Sell
The club

I'd be surprised if Ron doesn't sell, once his payday comes in.

I reckon that's why Tom and Stan came into the club. I think I remember Stan saying he can get investors together. Seems like Gary Lockett, on the board, is also more actively involved than in the past.

Thanks, it kills me this situation it really does, in all my years supporting this club and like other fans spending thousands of pounds for this utter **** show.

Southend United as a football club are an embarrassment.

We have an owner who if the sky was blue would try tell you it was red and seemingly for no other reason that to feed an ego longer than Southend pier.

We are a cringeworthy club, we really are and if you look up in the English dictionary the word ‘Pound Shop’ that should incorporate us as a football club…
A Micky mouse pound shop football club on.

Ron you are a disgrace to football club ownership, your greed has allowed this situation to happen when throughout the past and even TO THIS DAY there are viable offers and people who wish to invest and take this club forward.

As a trust life member I would wish to see the trust pull all support for the club and refuse to engage till Ron sells and the club is in new hands, that in itself may seem extreme but what options are left? The trust are the organisation to lead the charge with this, they have the support and they have the mandate.

I am finished with this joke of a club and I don’t say that on a whim, I never ever imagined I was be this upset/down/distraught/angry/and so on.

DO THE RIGHT THING…. Sell
The club
Supporting Southend United should come with a Public Health warning Scott

Honest mate it's our club, Rons not going anywhere until he gets his ££££ , just chill and go to watch the games for some fun, while we still have a club .

All this is not great, we had all these before with previous Chairmans ( over 45 years now ) they have all seen the club as a property asset ( gold mine ) to sale

Vic Jobson never got his pot of gold as he fell ill and died, sold his dream to his fellow Property Developer , Ron Martin who saw all the prime land the Stadium and training ground prime location to build houses.

Over 50 years of supporting SUFC and no man will ever stop me going :-)

SOUTHEND TILL I DIE

Last edited:
Humour me, but why can’t Ron sell the club before the stadium is built?

It would be a complicated deal I guess but if someone, or a group, came in and agreed to buy the assets of the football playing side now, agree to pay a sensible rent on RH in the meantime, agree a price to buy Fossetts Stadium (or rent if need be) when built…… why can’t that be done?

Ron still gets his money back via property sales, and Ron is gone from the club asap.

What am I missing?

Here we go again with the Ron out brigade. Until we have a creditable alternative we are stuck with him as Chairman. That does not stop us scandalising and making this non payment issue as public as possible even if that ended up with embargo or points deductions.

Carl I’m a dedicated fan Reader (must be good because more people knew him at SHSB than went to Bury and Cardiff)? Don’t make me laugh. If he’d come with a backed by private equity or hedge fund investment it would have some traction. I don’t care if a pension fund is based in Monaco, Curaçao, the Antarctic or the moon. No pension fund trustee is going to be going within ten miles of unacceptable risk with no conceivable revenue stream.

Ron may be a scumbag but he is our scumbag and at least until FF is fully funded and/or developed he will remain our scumbag.

The are other options out there but expecting them to declare themselves to the public is extremely unlikely and unrealistic so I have no idea why you ask Shrimperzone for that answer.

Likelihood would be that ownership have vast amount of involvement/investment with other companies. Some may be floated companies on stock exchange etc so they would need to be careful about a deal as this could have a big impact on everything else they are involved with.

Ron had been approached but does not want to exchange dialog.

I'd be ****ed off if Ron doesn't sell, once his payday comes in.

I reckon that's why Tom and Stan came into the club. I think I remember Stan saying he can get investors together. Seems like Gary Lockett, on the board, is also more actively involved than in the past.
Edited to reflect my views.

I don’t even think the payday is the main drive behind it now. He could easily be paid off by someone wanting to take over the project. I think he’s now in it for his ‘legacy’, in which he plays the City hero in his sick version of events.

He’s getting old and doesn’t have the need for that amount of capital; at this point it’s purely ego driving him.

Did I expect any less? He’s spent the best part of 20 years trying to make this a reality and won’t stop now.

Parasite.

Supporting Southend United should come with a Public Health warning Scott

Honest mate it's our club, Rons not going anywhere until he gets his ££££ , just chill and go to watch the games for some fun, while we still have a club .

All this is not great, we had all these before with previous Chairmans ( over 45 years now ) they have all seen the club as a property asset ( gold mine ) to sale

Vic Jobson never got his pot of gold as he fell ill and dead , sold his dream to his fellow Property Developer , Ron Martin who saw all the prime land the Stadium and training ground prime location to build houses.

Over 50 years of supporting SUFC and no man will ever stop me going :-)

SOUTHEND TILL I DIE
Totally agree mate, my point it that this club needs new fans coming through to take the lead on this, just can’t be me and the same old faces.

Humour me, but why can’t Ron sell the club before the stadium is built?

It would be a complicated deal I guess but if someone, or a group, came in and agreed to buy the assets of the football playing side now, agree to pay a sensible rent on RH in the meantime, agree a price to buy Fossetts Stadium (or rent if need be) when built…… why can’t that be done?

Ron still gets his money back via property sales, and Ron is gone from the club asap.

What am I missing?
Ego. He needs the money, but he also wants to be known as the man who secured the club's future. I think he believes once the stadium is built, the fans will forgive all his past sins and erect a statue of him on the seafront.

It's not going to happen. Ron's legacy will be a future of non-league football for our children and grandchildren. We will be like New Brighton, I'm sure a few old fans tell tales of how they used to be a league club.

I'm no employment contract expert, but I'm pretty sure downing tools having not been paid is breach of contract and therefore your employer can feel free to sack you for gross misconduct.

Saves on paying out redundancies at least...

Carl Reader has a viable plan with investment. Problem is Ron WILL NOT sell or entertain the idea. We all know why.

So with regards to your post there IS interest and there IS options. Ron just won't allow it. Make of that what you will.

Back