• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

superblue24

Director
Sorry, I cant remember a time when I've been so despondent and disappointed about a season......No wingers of any ability or desire to play for us, no strikers of quality or fitness. No midfield dynamos and an average defence.....

I think we're destined for another year in L2.......in 2013...At best....

yes 2 years ago we were unsure about whether we'd even get a side out but at least we were resigned to mid-table....Last year we challenged, but this year we look like being resigned to another poor year in L2......Another year where we have to see Peterborough, Stevenage and other "non" teams surpass us.....awesome.

Yeah, you're right.

Hurst, Martin and Leonard are all useless (ignoring the fact that Hall is technically still ours).
Eastwood, Harris, Benyon, Tomlin and Assombolongana might as well all go home.
Timlin's worthless and as for that Spicer we signed, well he's never done anything.
And in defence, goodness, our right back is so inconsistent it's untrue, and our centre backs are woeful, they've never had a good game.

Let alone the goalkeeper, he's got no experience at all.

Will we go up? I'd be surprised. But seriously, if you honestly think it's that bad then I'm sure you've not seen teams of old.

Yeah, you're right.

Hurst, Martin and Leonard are all useless (ignoring the fact that Hall is technically still ours).
Timlin's worthless and as for that Spicer we signed, well he's never done anything.
And in defence, goodness, our right back is so inconsistent it's untrue, and our centre backs are woeful, they've never had a good game.

Will we go up? I'd be surprised. But seriously, if you honestly think it's that bad then I'm sure you've not seen teams of old.

Hurst and Martin ARE useless. Leonard is ok and Hall is obviously uninterested.
Eastwood is injured continuosly, Harris is past it, Benyon is utter tripe and Tomlin seems average....The other guy is on loan, so only temporary.
Timlin was awesome until he signed a contract with us and is average now, Spicer admittedly I've not seen.
Defence have conceded 10 in last 4 competitive games.....Not ideal.

I've supported the club since I was a boy and I've seen harder times, but to go from expecting a good year to expecting survival in L2 takes the wind out of your sails a little....

I'm sorry, I didn't read anything past your first line. I'll never understand anyone who thinks Hurst and Martin are useless. They are very good standard signings for an average league two club, which is what we are at the moment.

I'm sorry, I didn't read anything past your first line. I'll never understand anyone who thinks Hurst and Martin are useless. They are very good standard signings for an average league two club, which is what we are at the moment.

This. Martin just hasn't had a flow of games to prove his worth. Once he does I think he'll be fine. I think with what I've seen of Hurst so far he's doing ok already. Hard to come on and make a go of it especially when thrust out of no where to come on for an injured player but he did this and responded to the challenge.

I feel the players Southend have are up to the mark for a league 2 club and if all bringing their best to each game could be challenging by the end of the season. I do however worry that our numbers are low and when injuries (as always), suspension and loss of form are factored in then I doubt seriously, unless elusive lady luck plays a part, that we will sustain a challenge. But then things may be very different in a week or two.

Yeah, you're right.

I cant understand peoples issue with Leonard he has given nothing but 100% when fit for us and when he got injured last season we missed him massively. His commitment is second to none, his partnership with Clohessy is far better than what Sean was with Hall.
Leonard has a great throw, can be great getting into position ready for a crack and will give his all out on the pitch.

As for Martin what a ridiculous thing to say has barely been played under Sturrock out of no fault of his own. Martin was our best player at Northampton until going off injured and he will be missed massively against Wycombe if ruled out.

You might aswell not bother going being that critical of players who have barely played and an attitude like that stinks, in rough financial times for the club we should be doing what we can to get behind the team and our new signings.

Goalkeepers Belford and Smith ( no experience what planet are you on CLUELESS)

Right back Mr Consistent and most apps last 2 seasons, the only game he missed was when suspended.

You are an absolute fool you sure you not a Col U fan? Phillips and Cresswell brilliant centre halfs, Harris brings plenty of experience, Benyon and Hurst barely tested and Assombolonga a young lad playing his first professional games!!!!

YOUR AN IDIOT

To survive we need to start planning for life without Hall as Im sure he will be snapped up in the loan window with a view to a permanent move somehwere. A team for us for now should be,

GK - Belford
RB - Clohessy
CB - Phillips
CB - Cresswell
LB - Prosser
RM - Leonard
CM - Spicer
CM - Timlin
LM - Tomlin
AM - Hall
St - Eastwood

If I played for SUFC I would give 100% but it dosent make me any good. Leonard has done nothing of note when I have seen him. He is probably fine as a back up player but he really isn't good enough to start.

Moan moan moan moan moan!

And weve only sold one player which loads of you up until yesterday thought was average, weak, ****, useless, uncreative, wasteful, clueless etc. Sort it out it's embarrassing!

Some of your opinions are really really cruel considering that you are supposed to be Southend fans, I'd support a sack of **** plonked in the middle of the centre circle if it had the badge on it!

We've got to work with what we've got, counter productive to slag off any of our players!!!!

Such unfair criticism to some of our players it's untrue!

Ignorant pathetic unsupportive opinions!

Do one.

I cant understand peoples issue with Leonard he has given nothing but 100% when fit for us and when he got injured last season we missed him massively. His commitment is second to none, his partnership with Clohessy is far better than what Sean was with Hall.
Leonard has a great throw, can be great getting into position ready for a crack and will give his all out on the pitch.

As for Martin what a ridiculous thing to say has barely been played under Sturrock out of no fault of his own. Martin was our best player at Northampton until going off injured and he will be missed massively against Wycombe if ruled out.

You might aswell not bother going being that critical of players who have barely played and an attitude like that stinks, in rough financial times for the club we should be doing what we can to get behind the team and our new signings.

Right back Mr Consistent and most apps last 2 seasons, the only game he missed was when suspended.

You are an absolute fool you sure you not a Col U fan? Phillips and Cresswell brilliant centre halfs, Harris brings plenty of experience, Benyon and Hurst barely tested and Assombolonga a young lad playing his first professional games!!!!

YOUR AN IDIOT

You have made a **** of yourself here mate. The post you have quoted is tongue on cheek sarcasm. It's obvious. You my friend are the idiot!!!! Lol

Sorry, I cant remember a time when I've been so despondent and disappointed about a season......No wingers of any ability or desire to play for us, no strikers of quality or fitness. No midfield dynamos and an average defence.....

I think we're destined for another year in L2.......in 2013...At best....

you mean you were more positive 2 years ago when we had 4 players signed and had let go quality players for nothing?
You were more positive when we were not paying wages for months at a time and were hours away from going into administration ?
Two years ago when everyone would call you an idiot if you said that in 2012 Eastwood would be signing for us

I like many was dissapointed with yesterday, I really thought we would sign a couple in at least. However, the squad we do have is a pretty good one, if not very big. We do now have two good league two keepers, decent defence and midfield although low in numbers. Up front when fit a decent forward line. Hall chose not to go to Blackpool so that's a bonus. The loan market starts soon and I expect PS to use this. We have not had a great start but it takes time with new players and we have also been unfortunate with injuries. But today is our fourth league game out if 46, give it time . Many teams start of slowly and build momentum as the season grows. What we need to do as fans is get behind the team and try to be positive.

Moan moan moan moan moan!

And weve only sold one player which loads of you up until yesterday thought was average, weak, ****, useless, uncreative, wasteful, clueless etc. Sort it out it's embarrassing!

Some of your opinions are really really cruel considering that you are supposed to be Southend fans, I'd support a sack of **** plonked in the middle of the centre circle if it had the badge on it!

We've got to work with what we've got, counter productive to slag off any of our players!!!!

Such unfair criticism to some of our players it's untrue!

Ignorant pathetic unsupportive opinions!

Do one.

I couldn't agree more, I say again, football fans are THE most fickle of breeds. A few wins and the same lot will be shouting praise. Isn't the Supporter's Club Motto..'Help not Hinder?' COYBB

Eastwood is injured continuosly, Harris is past it, Benyon is utter tripe and Tomlin seems average....The other guy is on loan, so only temporary.
Timlin was awesome until he signed a contract with us and is average now, Spicer admittedly I've not seen.

I've supported the club since I was a boy and I've seen harder times, but to go from expecting a good year to expecting survival in L2 takes the wind out of your sails a little....

Actually I am quite jealous of you, as when we go up its going to be such a surprise to you that you will probably enjoy it more than I do:winking:

To survive we need to start planning for life without Hall as Im sure he will be snapped up in the loan window with a view to a permanent move somehwere. A team for us for now should be,

GK - Belford
RB - Clohessy
CB - Phillips
CB - Cresswell
LB - Prosser
RM - Leonard
CM - Spicer
CM - Timlin
LM - Tomlin
AM - Hall
St - Eastwood

So basically continue playing with one and a half guys up front who like the ball to feet and Prosser and co hoofing the ball (or should I say playing direct) into the opposition half looking for a knock-down from ... who exactly? As well as Prosser I agree with 'Dave The Shrimper' in that I just don't see why anyone thinks Leonard should be first choice either. I've raised it before only to be shouted down by those who had time to keep stats on win/lose ratio's last season when he played. I simply don't see it. They both might be great lads but if I was an opposition manager I'd be absolutely delighted for instance to see Leonard in the team ahead of the likes of Martin, Mohsni, Harris and even Hurst. What PS might call looking more solid I call looking decidely stodgy.

For me the loan window can't open quickly enough in terms of those that for a number of reasons I suspect need to be shipped out (Mohsni and Hall) to make way for the three or four that desperately need to come in.

YOUR AN IDIOT

er, I think he was being sarcastic , suggest you re read what he wrote , but a great defence of our team which I agree with:thumbsup:

So basically continue playing with one and a half guys up front who like the ball to feet and Prosser and co hoofing the ball (or should I say playing direct) into the opposition half looking for a knock-down from ... who exactly? As well as Prosser I agree with 'Dave The Shrimper' in that I just don't see why anyone thinks Leonard should be first choice either. I've raised it before only to be shouted down by those who had time to keep stats on win/lose ratio's last season when he played. I simply don't see it. They both might be great lads but if I was an opposition manager I'd be absolutely delighted for instance to see Leonard in the team ahead of the likes of Martin, Mohsni, Harris and even Hurst. What PS might call looking more solid I call looking decidely stodgy.

For me the loan window can't open quickly enough in terms of those that for a number of reasons I suspect need to be shipped out (Mohsni and Hall) to make way for the three or four that desperately need to come in.

So you are simply just choosing to ignore stats and facts to suit your opinion?

Nice work.

Yeah, you're right.

YOUR AN IDIOT

Dan, you are really funny or stupid, not sure which one.

Fred was clearly mocking Supablues24, and his second post proves that. Even without the second post, everyone knows Fred is a loyal and positive Blues supporter. You're post has really made my day and will go down in the history of Shrimperzone as an EPIC FAIL

Back