• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bad News - James Walker

secondalibi

Coach
I emailed The Football League earlier and I have just received this email regarding James Walker. I have forwarded the response to SUFC, even though I am sure that they will be aware already.

Dear Graham

We are in receipt of your email and would advise that as an emergency loan cannot exceed 93 days, James Walker would not be eligible to play in the Play-Off Final on Sunday 25th May.

Thank you for contacting The Football League.

Patricia Brown
Customer Services
The Football League
www.football-league.co.uk

This is not good news. Maybe its time to recall Gary Hooper??

- G

But James Walker wasn't an emergency loan!!??

Well, it didn't elude to that on the OS when he signed on loan anyway...

But any loan outwith of the transfer window has to be deemed "emergency". That has been my point whenever this one has come up recently!

Signed outside the transfer window on loan, therefore he becomes an emergency loan

I feel somewhat vindicated having read, although obviously disappointed.

Regardless of whether or not Hereford get promoted we should take Hoops back for the Playoffs.

When I emailed the Football League I never even used the phrase 'Emergency Loan'. They must have it on record as that.

- G

disaster strikes ......

perhaps the club had a plan to approach this at a higher level ?

More than anything I think James would do well in big games ...

I am not as worried as most, still have not seen him do anything yet. As long as we do recall Hooper, then I think it will be even better

still struggling to work out why we got walker in been rather poor, and then get rid of hoops

still struggling to work out why we got walker in been rather poor, and then get rid of hoops

Walker 3 league goals in 2 months:clap:

Hooper 0 league goals in 2 years :thumbdown:

Probably has something to do with it - even Harold's strike rate is better!

Walker 3 league goals in 2 months:clap:

Hooper 0 league goals in 2 years :thumbdown:

Probably has something to do with it - even Harold's strike rate is better!

Hooper scored against Crewe and Bournemouth, Get Hooper back for the play offs even if he sits on the bench with 9 goals for Hereford he's doing something right

Hooper is handy, I admit. I thought he was pretty crap before he went out on loan (after initially rating him) but I admit he has done very well.

Walker on the other hand is a totally different ball game. Seems a very nifty player and in time I think he can become a disastrous partnership alongside Barny. Time will tell.

I am not as worried as most, still have not seen him do anything yet. As long as we do recall Hooper, then I think it will be even better

Walker Played 11 scored 3
Hooper Played 11 scored 2.

You do the maths.... (Plus Hooper has 20 subs appearances).

He has done great on loan but Hereford are in League Two. If Walker isnt available Hooper is our best hope but he has done diddly squat in a blues shirt other than Bournemouth away.

Because Hoops has never done any good for us and Tilly obviously thought he would benefit from playing a few games in a lower Division.

It would be unfair to expect him to come back as the all conquering hero.

We also have Revell to come back in and whilst he still hasnt scored is obviously in Tilsons plans.

I wouldnt mind him up front with Barnard so we at least have more of a physical presence.

Back