• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Badgers - Game, set and match?

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
I came in from football last night and noticed the security light in my back garden was on.

Looking through the patio doors I noticed a young badger strolling across my decking which probably explains the recent holes that have appeared in my lawn.

Anyone know what I can do to get rid of them?

Probably not as they are protected:

The Protection of Badgers Act (1992) protects badgers and their setts, making it a serious offence to kill, injure or take the animals themselves or to interfere with their homes – including blocking them up or damaging them.
The long and the short of this means that any householder – however aggrieved – attempting any sort of direct action against them is likely to end up in some very hot water legal water indeed!

Although I have heard that lion dung/manure gets rid of most animals.... for some reason they are scared of it!

Probably not as they are protected:

Although I have heard that lion dung/manure gets rid of most animals.... for some reason they are scared of it!

Having read the quote by pickledseal, the suggested method of very hot water is the route I'd take.

Hey Chap!

There are a variety of methods you can try:-
Dig a deep hole and put sharpened bamboo stakes in the bottom and cover the top with foliage, thereby trapping and killing the badger.

Attack the badger with a large, sharp knife or sword or smack the badger about the head with a shovel.

Remark your territory by urinating and defecating in your garden.
I also believe a few well placed land mines would solve your problem.

If none of these are acceptable, buy an alsatian, starve it and leave it to patrol your garden at night. Not only should it kill the badger, but it should also eat it, saving you a job of throwing the carcass into next doors garden.

Hope this helps

Kind Regards

Basically the badgers are digging to get at insect larvae in the roots of the lawn. You can put chemicals down to kill the food the badgers are looking for."

Badgers are one of the most difficult creatures to keep out of the garden, they will even knock their way through new panel fences if the mood takes them. Two of the best deterrents are Renardine, obtainable from garden outlets and male urine available from men.

In either case just deposit some around where the badgers enter the garden or around the area that you wish to protect. Otherwise electric fencing is the only other way to deter them.
Happy peeing Cyril.

The latest thing is an ultra sonic-pest repeller device. Might be worth it, as before long your garden will look like a plough has gone over it.
Good luck.

Please dont hurt us!!!!
Seriously I have the same problem and the best way to stop them digging is by weeing all around the garden!!!

My neighbours alsatian tore seven shades out of a fox the other night when it went after their chickens... I could possibly arrange a short term loan deal? Or have you already exceeded your loan allocation for the season?

Air Riffle - Pot - Hot Water - Stock - Onions and other veg - Salt - Oven on Medium Heat for 4 hours = Badger Stew and Job done

Badgers are one of the most difficult creatures to keep out of the garden, they will even knock their way through new panel fences if the mood takes them. Two of the best deterrents are Renardine, obtainable from garden outlets and male urine available from men.

Can you get Renardine anymore?? I thought it was banned now

Can you get Renardine anymore?? I thought it was banned now

You are right pringlejon, sorry about that Cyril.
Just got this off the www.badgerland.co.uk web site.

Caution
The use of any chemical as a badger repellent is now illegal. It is no longer legal to use any chemical repellent to protect an important area such as a vegetable garden or flower borders or a putting green, bowling green or cricket pitch. It is still illegal; even if such use does not cause harm to the badgers or their setts.

Causing harm to badgers or their setts can result in criminal proceedings.

Other options include the use of things to "spook" the badgers away. Being very cautious animals, badgers can be deterred by unusual things or changes to their surroundings. A sudden change (like a security light or a house light coming on) can spook some badgers, and other unusual sounds (like wind-charms) can help.

Other options include the use of things to "spook" the badgers away. Being very cautious animals, badgers can be deterred by unusual things or changes to their surroundings. A sudden change (like a security light or a house light coming on) can spook some badgers, and other unusual sounds (like wind-charms) can help.

What about illegally imported fireworks?

What about illegally imported fireworks?

Not always reliable,

bodger_and_badger.jpg

Maybe employ this guy to sit in your garden, he attracts badgers with mash potato and then assaults them... sexualy.

You dont need to worry about that, once violated the badger will retreat to its set crying, feeling like a slut, unwanted and eating mash potato for the rest of his/her life unable to have a mature/ sexual relationship without flashbacks of bodgers huge violating shlong!

Back