• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Aberdeen Shrimper

The Man who sold the world
Not my favourite way to spend a Sunday evening but the wife loves them so after 180 mins of football on Sky today i thought it would be only fair to watch them with her.

My predictions for the main awards are as follows

Best Film

A 2 horse race between

THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON

SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE.

With SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE winning the award

Outstanding British Film

Got to be SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE with HUNGER as a dark horse

Director

One horse race this one

David Fincher for - THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON

Best Actor

Brad Pitt for -THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON

Bsst Actress

What with Kate covering her self by putting in 2 stunning performances in both the Reader and Revolutionary Road, it has to be hers

Kate Winslet – The Reader.

Music

Got a feeling that MAMMA MIA is going to sneak this one.

MAMMA MIA! – Benny Andersson, Björn Ulvaeus

Animated Film

WALL•E – Andrew Stanton

Supporting Actor

Has to be posthumously awarded IMO

Heath Ledger – The Dark Knight

Supporting Acress

Tilda Swinton - Burn After Reading

Last edited:
Who else noticed that the cameras ALWAYS went to Brad Pitt and Angellina Jolie ALL the time!!

Was glad to see In Bruges won an award that is a quality film.

Generally speaking though award shows can kiss my ***!

Back