• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bain Marie needed Urgently!

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
Help!...we need a Bain Marie for the SZFC football tournament BBQ this coming Sunday. We were borrowing one but that seems to have fallen out of bed now.

Anybody know of somewhere we could hire one or know anybody who has one in the Southend or close by areas... something like this..

Bain%20Marie1.jpg

Anyone pretty please..:)

As a back-up bain marie, just get a large saucepan, put a a glass bowl in the middle, and then fill the pan with hot water to about 1" or so below the lip of the glass bowl. I find that works - e.g. for melting cooking chocolate.

As a back-up bain marie, just get a large saucepan, put a a glass bowl in the middle, and then fill the pan with hot water to about 1" or so below the lip of the glass bowl. I find that works - e.g. for melting cooking chocolate.

It would do if were not cooking for 300 people....also we would need to have gas rings to heat the water etc and we are in a field..so I guess it is as long as it is short..Thanks for the suggestion though Matt...

Have your cooking staff or domestics not got one we can borrow down in the Kitchens of your mansion?....;)

It's a small insight into the complexities of running one of the biggest clubs in League OneTwo for Cricko there.

BTW was I the only person to not know what a Bain Marie was?

Nope, I thought Cricko was after the number for one of York Road's finest!

BTW was I the only person to not know what a Bain Marie was?

He only knows cos me and my dad have been calling the one he borrowed last year that name!

bain-ma·rie

   /ˈbeɪn
thinsp.png
məˈri;
Fr. bɛ̃
thinsp.png
maˈri
/ Show Spelled[beyn-muh-ree; Fr. ban-ma-ree] Show IPA
–noun, plural bains-ma·rie  /ˈbeɪn
thinsp.png
məˈri;
Fr. bɛ̃
thinsp.png
maˈri
/ Show Spelled[beyn-muh-ree; Fr. ban-ma-ree] Show IPA. 1. (in cooking) a receptacle containing hot or boiling water into which other containers are placed to warm or cook the food in them.

2. British . a double boiler.

Use bain marie in a Sentence

See images of bain marie

Search bain marie on the Web

Origin:
1815–25; < F, MF, trans. of ML balneum Mariae lit., bath of Mary, reputed to be a Jewish alchemist who devised such a heating technique, and sometimes identified with Moses' sister Miriam

PRAISE JEBUS!!!!

[video=youtube;AlZpSd2lRJQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlZpSd2lRJQ&feature=related[/video]

Is anyone else disappointed when the doner meat comes from the bain marie and is not freshly sliced?

Back