• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SamuraiBlue

Youth Team
To Shrimperzone members,

My hair is falling out. I will have a shiny head in the next few years at this rate. Does anyone have any experience of products that have helped prevent balding or even helped with regrowth?

Seriously, I would prefer to keep my hair. Can't believe any of the adverts on the web or TV so reckon a forum like this is just the place to get trustworthy advice!

I don't want to wear a wig or have a comb over.

Thanks in advance

As Homer Simpson proved, get some Demoxynil :p
Seriously, unless you're prepared to spend big then you won't get anywhere & you might as well just go with it and invest in a pair of clippers.

I have tried some caffeine shampoo and to be fair this has helped but it's not made my hair thicker like it promises.

Before any sarcastic comments start, I've had approximately the same amount of hairloss since I was 19. Watched so many of my mates who used to take the p*ss now end up looking like the 3rd Mitchell brother...

Graham_Gooch.JPG

To Shrimperzone members,

My hair is falling out. I will have a shiny head in the next few years at this rate. Does anyone have any experience of products that have helped prevent balding or even helped with regrowth?

Seriously, I would prefer to keep my hair. Can't believe any of the adverts on the web or TV so reckon a forum like this is just the place to get trustworthy advice!

Thanks in advance

Buy Clippers and accept your fate. Lot cheaper as well

Wash and go,no i now thanks to baldness just go.
Good shout on the clippers and you is what you is,bald.
But on the up side your cok grows by at least 2 inches.

To Shrimperzone members,

Thanks in advance

Hey Chap,

I really don't see the problem with either a wig or combover. If it's done properly, it's impossible to tell.

View attachment 1188

View attachment 1192

View attachment 1189

View attachment 1190

View attachment 1191

Hope this helps

Kind Regards

Best way is to try and distract attention away from the bald spot. Try a ridiculous pony-tail and goatee combination.

Yours,
Blair Sturrock

Embrace being bald, I did and I love it, it's just a shame the rest of the hair on my head grows quick! Damn ever growing bald spot.

I have some sensible advice for you, grow a beard, and grow it big and long, and comb that over and wrap it round your head a couple of times that'll look brill!

I use Head & Shoulders "Volume Boost", not sure how successful it is though because the SZFC lot still reckon I look like Attilio Lombardo.

There's nothing you can do that will make the hair grow on the bald spots. The hair that is left can be made a tiny bit thicker, by standing on your head or rubbing the thinning part of your head. It's all to do with blood being pumped around the hair follicle. The experts reckon that for this reason, it is not the creams and applications that work, but the actual rubbing. This is no cure and just delays the inevitable.
If you can afford it, the best line of attack is gradual hair transplant, where it's taken with the strongest and longest lasting follicles which are at the bottom back of the head, and transferred to the front and top.

Some nice replies/advice so far.

I have shaved it all off before but my wife prefers a bit of hair, arranged in some kind of style. If we are being honest, we would all prefer to have hair over a shaved head. Or would like at least to have the option of what style we want.

I'm 31 and it has been falling out since late teens too. Still got a light covering. I have read that that means it can still be rescued.

Not prepared to pay a lot of money for something that probably doesn't work but would buy a recommended shampoo if I could but it reasonably cheaply over the internet.

I personally think you should just leave it as it goes, if you wear some nice clothes who cares? It's only hair. Saying that my hair takes over my whole life!

I have shaved it all off before but my wife prefers a bit of hair, arranged in some kind of style. If we are being honest, we would all prefer to have hair over a shaved head. Or would like at least to have the option of what style we want.

I'm 31 and it has been falling out since late teens too. Still got a light covering. I have read that that means it can still be rescued.

Not prepared to pay a lot of money for something that probably doesn't work but would buy a recommended shampoo if I could but it reasonably cheaply over the internet.

Mate, your clutching at straws. If those shampoo's worked, they would be the biggest seller in the whole market, and there wouldn't be so many bald people about. The only people telling you they work are the manufacturers. It's all a con, men are sold the dream. It's big business.
I once saw a programme on the Beeb about 5 or 6 years ago. They explained all about baldness, and they tested the treatments over a long period. None of the shampoo's and creams actually worked. They then went on to tell you why they don't, and can't work.

Mate, your clutching at straws. If those shampoo's worked, they would be the biggest seller in the whole market, and there wouldn't be so many bald people about. The only people telling you they work are the manufacturers. It's all a con, men are sold the dream. It's big business.
I once saw a programme on the Beeb about 5 or 6 years ago. They explained all about baldness, and they tested the treatments over a long period. None of the shampoo's and creams actually worked. They then went on to tell you why they don't, and can't work.

Yeah, you're right of course. But if someone on here had sworn by a certain treatment or shampoo then I would have tried it...

Ah sorry to see the 'sun-in' and black hair dye is taking its toll.....

If you still have a light covering then I think you should just grow tidily kept beard and moustache combo and you will retain your masculinity, like so....

terence-stamp-general-zod-c10101814.jpg

Back