• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Banner Picture of KB

wildheart

Schoolboy
Can we take that picture down of KB please? Its an affront. The bloke has gone and hopefully we will be able to forget him ASAP. Lets have a nice picture of Sir Adam of Barrett to remember happier times

Last edited:
Can we take that picture down of KB please? Its an a front. The bloke has gone and hopefully we will be able to forget him ASAP. Lets have a nice picture of Sir Adam of Barrett to remember happier times

He’s gone but we don’t need to continue to have animosity. We got what we wanted and we can still, hopefully, acknowledge that he did his best. He just wasn’t really right for that particular role.

When a new manager is appointed in the coming days the banner will change.

Can we take that picture down of KB please? Its an affront. The bloke has gone and hopefully we will be able to forget him ASAP. Lets have a nice picture of Sir Adam of Barrett to remember happier times
On the contrary, I put it up when Kevin Bond resigned as a mark of respect to a part of Southend United's history. When he came in, we were destined for the drop and that game against Sunderland must go down as one of our club's most exciting moments. Whether you attribute that to him or happening despite him, it happened, and whether we can look back on his overall time with pride is irrelevant - there's no doubt in my mind he at least gave what he had to the cause. He's gone and, as a former manager of this club, I think we can afford him a week or two's position at the top of the forum while we recruit his replacement.

On the contrary, I put it up when Kevin Bond resigned as a mark of respect to a part of Southend United's history. When he came in, we were destined for the drop and that game against Sunderland must go down as one of our club's most exciting moments. Whether you attribute that to him or happening despite him, it happened, and whether we can look back on his overall time with pride is irrelevant - there's no doubt in my mind he at least gave what he had to the cause. He's gone and, as a former manager of this club, I think we can afford him a week or two's position at the top of the forum while we recruit his replacement.

Probably best to have Harry Redknapp's face up there then....:Hilarious:

Surely we'll have a new manager in place for the Fleetwood game on Saturday? :Gun:

OK I'll except that, I suppose I'm from another era when survival was not seen as something to wear as a badge of honour. Last season was an unmitigated disaster for all involved, other than the last five minutes... I don't want to remember any of it. I hope now we can move forward and support the man who going to try and dig us out of the mess that KB has made.
Thanks for the spell check
UTB's

OK I'll except that, I suppose I'm from another era when survival was not seen as something to wear as a badge of honour. Last season was an unmitigated disaster for all involved, other than the last five minutes... I don't want to remember any of it. I hope now we can move forward and support the man who going to try and dig us out of the mess that KB has made.
UTB's
Wasn’t intended to highlight a spell check, more the direct piece I was referencing. Totally agree you wouldn’t normally want to celebrate just staying up but from where we were.... I don’t remember the last time I got such a high from a game. Amazing day.

UTB's

Agree with you in general but there is one thing worse than wearing a survival badge.....Its the badge that says relegated on it.

If you're that offended by the banner, go to the bottom of the site and look for the little paintbrush. Click on that put it in SZ Office mode and you will no longer see the banner. Problem solved!

Should we, (Mods), in recognition of our 1st League point have Mr Waddock on the Banner...until another, or indeed, himself is offered the prestigious position.....:Smile:

Personally I liked the Bond banner. It lent an air of casual insouciance to the site that is not always reflected in the comments.

Please can you reinstate it.
We were simply reflecting the efforts put in by our playing staff in recent months. It’s catching and habit forming, which explains how I’m treating your request to bring back Bond (and the request for Waddock to go there before he grabs the opportunity and earns the right).

Long live insouciance.

We were simply reflecting the efforts put in by our playing staff in recent months. It’s catching and habit forming, which explains how I’m treating your request to bring back Bond (and the request for Waddock to go there before he grabs the opportunity and earns the right).

Long live insouciance.

Very much agreed. A nice picture of Lars Unger in a betting shop would work for me.

Long live insouciance.
Years ago when I still worked for a living and had to write staff reports I always incorporated one obscure word. It will be one of my lasting regrets that I didn't use 'insouciance', that's a great word. I did manage to get away with turgid one year.

Back