• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chris Barker has contract terminated at Southend United

CHRIS Barker has left Southend United after having his contract terminated by mutual consent.

More...

Thanks for the service Barks....top pro, shame his legs went towards the end but a whole hearted player who will be remembered fondly for his time with the Blues - wish him all the luck wherever he goes

He was great in his first season with us. I think age has caught up with him now. Good luck wherever you end up. A model pro and a good captain.

Frees up a space and wages for another player

Like AB says, never passed by without saying hello if you saw him around, decent man and fine captain, model pro. Wish him well wherever his future takes him.

Colossus in his first season. Without him and Barry Corr we may have been very close to going out the football league.

Great professional and a top bloke too, chatted with him several times while doing some filming at the club, would never pass without saying hello.

He will go down in our history books after captaining Southend in their first ever cup final.

Good luck for the future Barks!

I'm sure we've been to 2 cup finals before the Crewe one, or did I dream Cardiff.

All the best Barker

Good bloke spoke to him a few times and came across as a very genuine man.I wish him the best of luck in whatever he does next.

Heres hoping he finds another club soon, otherwise that pre season graft will have been all for nothing!

He (Barker) must surely have another club lined up - probably in the Conference and I think their season starts next week so the timing seems right.

All the best to him. He always played as well as he could, spent time with the fans and behaved like a sportsman.

Hash tag: Exampletootherprofessionals

Model pro and showed 100% commitment even after it was clear he was no longer part of the plans. Absolutely nothing wrong with the 'Answer's' footballing brain or heart, just old father time starting to catch up with the legs, I'm afraid, it comes to all of us in time. :sad:

Hope he gets fixed up with a player/coach role somewhere, seems the Twitter money is on Aldershot....

Good luck, Barks, and thanks. :thumbsup:

Was really nice to myself and my daughter on two occasions when we spoke to him. Forgot that but a real gent. Actually have a tear in my eye to think he has gone.

Was really nice to myself and my daughter on two occasions when we spoke to him. Forgot that but a real gent. Actually have a tear in my eye to think he has gone.
According to many he has gone................looking for his legs which apparently went before last christmas.:winking:

Great service Barks, always gave 100% and thats all I ever ask as a fan. Still good for a few years at Coference level i'd have thought, he'll be a good signing for Aldershot/ Hereford.

Back