• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BaileytheQuitter

Spelling Guru
"As a Spurs fan who also watches the reserves, I've seen a lot of Lee Barnard since he joined us. He's got the heart of a lion, will chase all day to turn a half chance into a chance.

He was scoring goals for fun up until just over a year ago when he got a long term injury. He was rated by Martin Jol who was keen to give him his chance. When Mido started getting a big-time Charlie attitude, Jol was willing to bring Barnard in. Unfortunately he got injured at the same time and his chance had gone.

He leads the line well, is good with both feet and in the air and doesn't pull out of challenges. Please don't read too much into his previous loan spells and the lack of goals, as every club he's gone to has been when they've been struggling.

I guarantee you that he'll get you goals, if he stays injury free, he's definitely Championship division standard.

Good luck to you for the rest of this season."

"Spurs Fan Here...

Just wanted to say that you have a good signing in Lee Barnard...Saw him a few times in the reserves, and he could have played for most Championship clubs...so well done

Good Luck for the rest of the season."

"Hi, Spurs fan here but born in Southend so can help you little on Barny. Was on fire two seasons ago in the reserve squad (20+ I think) and started to break into the main squad at the end of that season. Got injured and spent a lot of last season out. We all thought he was going to break into the main squad but.... Scores with both feet and head, real energy player, no the fastest but gets in very good positions and can be pretty deadly. A little similar to Eastwood was for you.

If Tilson does he normal management I think you have a real gem on your hands. He was genuinely liked at Spurs and highly thought of."

I know there have been a few posts on him now and a few quotes but got these from 606 and they bode well. :p

UTB!

Good find.

Sadly if he hasn't scored within 5 minutes of his debut I'm sure all the doubters will swarm again.

Lets hope not. I just wonder if his injury has affected him that much as before he was on fire for the reserves.

Only time will tell but he must have something about him if they thought he could break into the first team with the strikers they have!

Im sure if he miss places a pass during warm up then some of the boo boys will start saying he's a waste of money.
I sincerely hope for his sake he gets off to a good solid start, because us fans could do with a striker who at least looks like he will score or look dangerous in last third of the pitch.....come on Barney..

Im sure if he miss places a pass during warm up then some of the boo boys will start saying he's a waste of money.
I sincerely hope for his sake he gets off to a good solid start, because us fans could do with a striker who at least looks like he will score or look dangerous in last third of the pitch.....come on Barney..

Would be nice. Someone that when they get the ball you think something might happen, as was the case with Eastwood. Gives the fans hope.

5 mins? We can't carry any dead wood!

5 mins that's far too long?

It took Barry Conlon 1min 2 sec's for his first touch of the ball and for us in the South Stand to confirm he was rubbish :p

But I'm sure young Lee is no Conlan so we'll give him 1min 3sec'S:cool:

Lee Barnard m'lord, Lee Barnard, Lee Barnard m'lord, Lee Barnard, Lee Barnard m'lord, Lee Barnard, oh lord Lee Barnard!

Sing tonight everyone!

A guy at work who watches Spurs - thinks we have a bargin for (as first reported on here) £75k. He thought he'd go for £300k - £500k.

General report was good attitude, knows where the goal is and unlucky not to break through into the Spurs 11.

A guy at work who watches Spurs - thinks we have a bargin for (as first reported on here) £75k. He thought he'd go for £300k - £500k.

General report was good attitude, knows where the goal is and unlucky not to break through into the Spurs 11.

Wait, have we spent 40 or 80k this month? I know Scannell cost 5k, so did Barnard cost 75 or 35k?

1 mill for a player with only reserve experience, and a couple of first team sub appearances....Blimey those premiership supporting fans really do live with their heads in the clouds.

If he doesn't score on his debut within the 1st minute, and then go on to score a hat-trick, I will be hugely disappointed...

Is obviously a top striker at reserve level, but yet to prove himself at any sort of league level - yet. I think he's worth a gamble on at the sort of price mentioned... now if only we would sign a forward with pace...

They are of the opinion that he was a better prospect than Darren Bent! Apparently, he was classed as the next Clive Allen by Martin Jol and Chris Houghton

Back