• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

You say the defence was superb yet the previous 13 games before Barney signed they had kept 2 clean sheets and the 9 games played since Lee arrived they have kept 2 clean sheets so arguably the defence had a better record over the last 9 games.

The last 17 league games this team have either managed 1 goal or nil in over 80% of those games which is ok if the defence rarely conceded however you cannot win games if those up front rarely score as we cannot rely on midfield or defenders to out score the opposition.

The midfield has no out ball whilst the opposition have worked out how to beat us.

Barnard's career over the last 2 years has gone downhill and if he was still able to do it he would not be playing here.

Why arent they getting it to Straker and Hurst?

In our current setup we are meant to have Corr and them two up front, so when going forward we should have plenty of options. Even if Corr isnt doing what you want, why arent the other two attacking players providing this outlet?

For your information I happen to know someone who has worked with said player for a number of years. Wasted talent with an over inflated ego and a nasty streak apparently but hey you seem to know whether or not I know anything, funny isn't it, you never who you are replying to on a forum.

I'm sure a lot of us know someone who knows him well. I certainly do. Does your mate know all of the squad players who you're speaking on behalf of?

Did Phil actually want him here?,If yes you then have to question why Phil has not given Lee the full 90 instead of cameos?
Assume Lee at he end of the season demands far too much in wages then what?He then goes to the highest bidder.

His performances thus far has been between embarrassing and mediocre add his fitness looks shabby.

You refer to Lee when he played here some time ago which in a player of his age can be a lifetime as a footballer.

O, I don't know, maybe because he has barely played in 2 years?

I wish you would think before posting nonsense.

It's not his fault that he was brought back to the club ,but it's time to accept that it hasn't worked out and time to go back to Southampton, if he needs a lift I'll drive him there myself !!!

Has anyone else noticed the irony of someone with that moniker bemoaning Barnard's contribution?!?!

Why arent they getting it to Straker and Hurst?

In our current setup we are meant to have Corr and them two up front, so when going forward we should have plenty of options. Even if Corr isnt doing what you want, why arent the other two attacking players providing this outlet?

Straker and Hurst cannot sprint 60 yards one way and 60 yards back for 90 minutes its impossible.

Straker and Hurst cannot sprint 60 yards one way and 60 yards back for 90 minutes its impossible.

Same as Corr cant win the ball 40/50 yards out and be in the box at the same time?

Hurst and Straker are meant to support Corr, thats how the system works, he wins it and they get forward.

Same as Corr cant win the ball 40/50 yards out and be in the box at the same time?

Hurst and Straker are meant to support Corr, thats how the system works, he wins it and they get forward.

Corr wins headers which normally go anywhere and if I threw a bag of sand to his feet the sand would never be under his control.

Corr wins headers which normally go anywhere and if I threw a bag of sand to his feet the sand would never be under his control.

Last home game pretty much every header he won went to a blues player, then the attack broke down.

He also has great control "for a big man".

Seriously...

Would we be bothered if, in some strange twist of fate he was recalled by Southampton? I doubt it.

The hyperbole is neither funny nor does it make people suddenly realise how right you are.

I'm sure a lot of us know someone who knows him well. I certainly do. Does your mate know all of the squad players who you're speaking on behalf of?
What's this got to do with any other squad players ? Is that the best counter argument you can offer ? Bit childish don't you think ?

Would we be bothered if, in some strange twist of fate he was recalled by Southampton? I doubt it.

Barnard was brought in when Reid and Woodrow left so it certainly made sense at the time. Take him out of the squad and we are very light up front if you just look at the numbers.

Would we miss him on a performance level, no of course not as he hasnt actually produced anything. Are we writing him off being able to contribute over the course of the next two months ? He is still only 29, he isnt over the hill by a long way.

I don't normally disagree quite so vociferously but I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH THAT! He is one of the best target men in this god-awful division and let down immensely in recent months by a lack of support, not ability.

Load of hypabole which is neither funny and won't suddenly make people think you are right.

Barnard was brought in when Reid and Woodrow left so it certainly made sense at the time. Take him out of the squad and we are very light up front if you just look at the numbers.

Would we miss him on a performance level, no of course not as he hasnt actually produced anything. Are we writing him off being able to contribute over the course of the next two months ? He is still only 29, he isnt over the hill by a long way.

I haven't seen him play I have to admit, but I would have expected a player of his class to have got at least 1 by now, even if it bounces off his arse.

Perhaps he is spending too long on his Business venture as a landlord and not enough time on the training pitch. Whatever the reason you can't argue that he is not producing the goods. I wouldn't necessarily have expected immediate results but by now I would have expected some return. It's a shame but don't discount him just yet. There must be an ounce of class waiting to ooze out in the near future... mind you didn't we sat the same upon Freddy's return?

Back