• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket News Barnet away tickets on sale - more tickets now available on Barnet ticket site

Funnily enough I was thinking the same this morning.

So far I believe Oldham, Dorking, Solihull, York, Notts County (twice), Chesterfield, Woking (twice), Wrexham, Barnet, Eastleigh, Wealdstone, Bromley have all been featured or are scheduled to be. There's therefore 10 teams yet to be featured:

Southend, Torquay, Boreham Wood, Maidstone, Dagenham, Yeovil, Altrincham, Gateshead, Scunthorpe, Aldershot.

I would guess for a Saturday game it could be Yeovil on 1st October.
Dad is adamant the daggers away game will be the game.

I would definitely take daggers away as TV game.

Also how many people will not be attending Barnet this season due to visiting last season?

Quite a few I would imagine.

Reactions: tia

So far I believe Oldham, Dorking, Solihull, York, Notts County (twice), Chesterfield, Woking (twice), Wrexham, Barnet, Eastleigh, Wealdstone, Bromley have all been featured or are scheduled to be. There's therefore 10 teams yet to be featured:

Southend, Torquay, Boreham Wood, Maidstone, Dagenham, Yeovil, Altrincham, Gateshead, Scunthorpe, Aldershot.

First televised game of the season was Scunthorpe vs Yeovil

Not only has Scunthorpe v Yeovil been shown, but you seem to have neglected mentioning Maidenhead (who we have just played), and FC Halifax (played the other week). My money is on the Dagenham game on October 8th being televised.

I would definitely take daggers away as TV game.

Also how many people will not be attending Barnet this season due to visiting last season?

Quite a few I would imagine.
Why would that matter? Ive been going away to Barnet for years and years and we always took big numbers, the same as Daggers. We took over 1000 last season so would expect the same if not more this season with more to play for etc and a Saturday rather than B/H

It only matters as there is a cost of living crisis and it’s £22 a ticket. Appreciate its local but it will still cost £50 for a day out.

It is local which is fair enough for a big crowd but I’m sure many people will vote with their wallets. Personally I am not going to any grounds I have been to before as I’m sure many others will have that same mindset to.

Looks like we've sold about 400 or so which with 10 days to go still indicates we'll have a fair few there. A lot of people will get paid today, some will decide after the game on Saturday, some are waiting for other blocks to get opened up.

However, I do think that sooner rather than later the cost of living situation is going to hit us quite hard. Southend is not a wealthy city. I know I'm certainly going to have to choose my away games carefully this year.

Looks like we've sold about 400 or so which with 10 days to go still indicates we'll have a fair few there. A lot of people will get paid today, some will decide after the game on Saturday, some are waiting for other blocks to get opened up.

However, I do think that sooner rather than later the cost of living situation is going to hit us quite hard. Southend is not a wealthy city. I know I'm certainly going to have to choose my away games carefully this year.
I'm not sure I totally agree with that @Jai. I know there are parts of the city that look run down but other parts of the city are booming with some pretty hefty money bring spent on property improvements. And you only have to look at the completed Clifftown Shore apartment block to realise there is still wealth about. Now not everyone in that scenario will trot off to Barnet, but I reckon out numbers will still be healthy. I do agree though that some of the more far flung clubs of our empire might be less inviting cost wise.

I'm not sure I totally agree with that @Jai. I know there are parts of the city that look run down but other parts of the city are booming with some pretty hefty money bring spent on property improvements. And you only have to look at the completed Clifftown Shore apartment block to realise there is still wealth about. Now not everyone in that scenario will trot off to Barnet, but I reckon out numbers will still be healthy. I do agree though that some of the more far flung clubs of our empire might be less inviting cost wise.
Southend is among the lowest wage towns and cities in the country. There's definitely wealth about, but it is in the pockets of the few.

It would be interesting to know if the majority of Southend fans actually live in Southend and surrounding boroughs. I wonder want percentage don’t actually live in Essex at all….

Southend is among the lowest wage towns and cities in the country. There's definitely wealth about, but it is in the pockets of the few.

I can't argue with that but I'm not sure how they measure it. There was a time when wages 'in' the town were low but the commuting brigade were coining it in by working in the city. Whether their earnings were factored in I don't know, but on a superficial we don't live far from David Lloyds in Snakes Lane and the car park is always heaving whenever I pass by. I would have thought that sports centres of that money grabbing sort would have been the first to feel the pinch but @Tinks was saying that they have closed their membership books for the moment and have created a waiting list.

And as I'm taking this thread way off topic I shall now shut up. We are going to Barnet though!

Reactions: Jai
Can anyone confirm please if there are tickets available on the day from the ground? Tried phoning and emailing them without response.

Not only has Scunthorpe v Yeovil been shown, but you seem to have neglected mentioning Maidenhead (who we have just played), and FC Halifax (played the other week). My money is on the Dagenham game on October 8th being televised.
Apologies, you're absolutely right. I did some quick research between work meetings!

The full list should therefore be:

Already featured:

Oldham, Dorking, Solihull, York, Notts County (twice), Chesterfield, Woking (twice), Wrexham, Barnet, Eastleigh, Wealdstone, Bromley, Scunthorpe, Yeovil

Yet to be featured:

Southend, Torquay, Boreham Wood, Maidstone, Dagenham, Altrincham, Gateshead, Aldershot. Halifax, Maidenhead

On that basis Daggers (A) on 8th October would seem to make sense.

Can anyone confirm please if there are tickets available on the day from the ground? Tried phoning and emailing them without response.
Highly doubtful. Only Halifax offered pay on the gate.

Aldershot even had to delay their kickoff on Monday due to q’s as they don’t sell on gate. Absolutely dreadful the way it’s going.

I am not surprised especially an big company like Olympus KeyMed pay their staffs an Mickey Mouse wages for doing too much work on their own, meant for two peoples.

Just had it confirmed by Barnet that they are accepting pay on the day (presumably as they are a cashless ground, ie plastic only).
Perfect, especially I am not sure if I am working on a Saturday or not, I find out next Tuesday.

Back