• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Barnet boss Darren Currie

Getting bored now. Almost 2 months again, and we will promote the reserves manager. Colchester did that in a few days.
They did with fury’s by Col Ewes fans, as they knew Steve Balls failed as manager at Maldon & Tiptree, relegated FC Clacton & failed to get Stanway out of step 6!

Interesting that everyone except for Currie and Fagan has drifted in the odds - I wonder who the mystery third man is?

Screenshot 2020-07-31 at 14.22.41.png

Hmmm...so I know AB said how wonderfully happy he is at Millwall and looking forward to being part of the future...but did he actually say that he was not interested in the manager's role here?..Can't seem to find where he does.

Don't shoot, just asking.

Slightly off topic, but Sky Sports make an announcement and the betting market moves. I hope there's a very robust chinese wall between Sky Sports News and Skybet.

Someones put a fiver on then..

Precisely. Watching the betting odds for clues, is rather fruitless. It only carries weight when they suspend the market completely.

That being said, I got a tenner on Fagan when he was at 8’s, so fingers crossed ??

Seems the third person is Tilly. As much as I love Tilly I’m not sure how I would feel about him getting the no.1 job. It could be a master stroke or an absolute disaster!

Seems the third person is Tilly. As much as I love Tilly I’m not sure how I would feel about him getting the no.1 job. It could be a master stroke or an absolute disaster!
it's very interesting he is still there and on a fairly short short-list from 60 applicants. Something is making Team Tilly attractive..

Is there really any rush? With a wave of Covid-19 spreading over Europe, is the season really going to start in September??? The most likely outcome, on present form, is that at 2h55 on the first Saturday of the season, the government will announce the postponement of all League football..

it's very interesting he is still there and on a fairly short short-list from 60 applicants. Something is making Team Tilly attractive..

Ron could be thinking of pairing Tilly with Fagan. It would still be a step up for Craig as a number 2.
One thing I found interesting having watched several of the interviews recently was that both Matt Harrold and Mark Bentley both said that Tilly didn't like confrontation. It was Brushy who dealt with any unhappy players.
Maybe Fagan could step into that role nicely too.
I would still probably prefer Currie, preferably with Fagan by his side. However I'm sure he would want Junior Lewis to come along with him.

Back