• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Barnet boss Darren Currie

Seems the third person is Tilly. As much as I love Tilly I’m not sure how I would feel about him getting the no.1 job. It could be a master stroke or an absolute disaster!

I love Tilly. For me he was easily the best manager this club has had during my 25-years of support.

But now isn’t the right time for him to take the reigns. Don’t get me wrong, he’ll get my full support if he does, and I’ll have everything crossed that he does the business.

But this season has all the potential to be a ****show, and I don’t want to see another legend have his reputation tarnshied due to things beyond his control.

Personally, I don’t see the attraction with Fagan getting the job. A popular guy who has done a good job with the u23s, granted. It’s a leap to management of the first team. Good luck to him if he gets it of course, but I’d rather Currie. Or Barrett, and I know Barrett has similar experiences, but he’s a leader of men.

If we do go Fagan, then he needs someone with experience to help him on the off the field stuff, either an assistant or an experienced ceo

Seems the third person is Tilly. As much as I love Tilly I’m not sure how I would feel about him getting the no.1 job. It could be a master stroke or an absolute disaster!
My I ask where you have come by this intelligence .

It would be ironic if we were to appoint Currie as manager and Barnet approach Fagan for their vacant post.

I get jealous when I see Bournemouth and brentford both similar size clubs to us Brentford with they great new stadium .And us going backwards I would just be happy to have a southend United in the league by the end of next season .We have really gone back wards .We have so much potential massive catchment area its very sad

For
Tilson getting the job would give me a warm feeling, like chasing whisky with ice cold beer.
for me it would be a move backwards, he has been out of the game to long and didnt do much after leaving us. I am so thankgul for his successes shut now is the time to appoint a young manager with modern ideas, maybe with St as his number 2

Could be funny timing but Lee Johnson, a well respected coach at Barnet has left today after 3 years and a “let’s see what the future holds” comment further down on his Twitter account. I fancy RM is getting all his eggs lined up before the announcement, which makes sense to me and I reckon early next week we have some news!

Could be funny timing but Lee Johnson, a well respected coach at Barnet has left today after 3 years and a “let’s see what the future holds” comment further down on his Twitter account. I fancy RM is getting all his eggs lined up before the announcement, which makes sense to me and I reckon early next week we have some news!

I think Johnson's departure is more to do with the collapse of Barnet's academy than anything else.

If I'm reading Sky Bet correctly it's saying that betting on Darren Currie becoming our new manager has been suspended.
Do we finally have our man?

If I'm reading Sky Bet correctly it's saying that betting on Darren Currie becoming our new manager has been suspended.
Do we finally have our man?

It’s probably because they’ve received a few bets on him today (I whacked a tenner on it myself), and now they need to recalculate the odds.

From my experience, if they’ve got wind of a decision being made, they’ll suspend the entire market not just a singular option.

Fagan still hot favourite and I put £10 on Currie. I bet Ron Martin probably give his mate £20k to put an bet on Tilson at 16-1 then get him in as manager to pay off players wages for September ?ECE6A3DF-0417-4376-93B1-EE4DF1BCC053.jpeg

Fagan still hot favourite and I put £10 on Currie. I bet Ron Martin probably give his mate £20k to put an bet on Tilson at 16-1 then get him in as manager to pay off players wages for September ?View attachment 12593

20k bet with Skybet.....have you ever used them....couldn’t get 20 quid at them odds, pathetic outfit!

Back