• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Barnet boss Darren Currie

Ricardo Santos (mentioned a few times here as a potential capture along with Currie) has gone to Bolton. I think he will do well.

That’s what, the 6th signing Bolton have made already? They aren’t hanging about are they!
Pretty sure I read yesterday that they were now up to their 10th signing so as you say they’re certainly not hanging about!!

Pretty sure I read yesterday that they were now up to their 10th signing so as you say they’re certainly not hanging about!!

To be fair they only had one senior player left at the end of the season. They released pretty much the whole squad.

I don't suppose there is anyone, with nothing better to do this morning, considering positioning themselves near the entry to the training ground to see if there any new arrivals? :Winking::Smile:

I don't suppose there is anyone, with nothing better to do this morning, considering positioning themselves near the entry to the training ground to see if there any new arrivals? :Winking::Smile:

Complete guess work here but Chris Phillips has just tweeted "for obvious we're not allowed to take pictures of training today". Surely if it was Fagan there wouldn't be anything they don't want us to see yet?

Complete guess work here but Chris Phillips has just tweeted "for obvious we're not allowed to take pictures of training today". Surely if it was Fagan there wouldn't be anything they don't want us to see yet?
I'm having second thoughts about who it will be. If it is Fagan and he is involved in training today, wouldn't it be easy to announce that he has the job? My money, if I had any, is slowly moving towards Currie.

Reactions: GBJ
It is looking like Currie. I think Chris Phillips knows who it is going to be and in his article about the players returning to training says that Currie is favourite for the job even though in the betting stakes he is behind Fagan.

Macca and Ralph off then.
Of the three candidates Currie is the one where you can why there could be delays getting it over the line- he has to get out of Barnet/leave a club to come. But its still pure speculation even if it explains things a bit. Akinola is a goalscoring, pacing winger who can play down the middle- so I would be far from disappointed.

Johnson unlikely - I thought he signed a 2 year contract at Barnet last year and to waste resource getting yet another left back in would not be an auspicious start- we have Clifford, Ralph, Kyprianou as senior players in that position already before we even go near the youngsters.

It is looking like Currie. I think Chris Phillips knows who it is going to be and in his article about the players returning to training says that Currie is favourite for the job even though in the betting stakes he is behind Fagan.

Completely agree with this. And with Fagan taking training anyway, surely if he is Ron's man it would just be announced?

Of the three candidates Currie is the one where you can why there could be delays getting it over the line- he has to get out of Barnet/leave a club to come. But its still pure speculation even if it explains things a bit. Akinola is a goalscoring, pacing winger who can play down the middle- so I would be far from disappointed.

Johnson unlikely - I thought he signed a 2 year contract at Barnet last year and to waste resource getting yet another left back in would not be an auspicious start- we have Clifford, Ralph, Kyprianou as senior players in that position already before we even go near the youngsters.

Johnson's already left Barnet.

Back