• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Barnet boss Darren Currie

Isn’t he more of a centre back now?
Well you would have to ask him I guess- I think he got converted to a CB when we were very short in that position. He did OK. As one of three who can play LB he probably needs to be flexible to cover CB going forward as well. Point is we do not need to be spending wages on another LB

Well you would have to ask him I guess- I think he got converted to a CB when we were very short in that position. He did OK. As one of three who can play LB he probably needs to be flexible to cover CB going forward as well. Point is we do not need to be spending wages on another LB

I'm sure his position is CB which he has played in for us a few times, I think he's just covered in at left back when needed.

I'm sure his position is CB which he has played in for us a few times, I think he's just covered in at left back when needed.
We are probably all a bit wonky on this, but when he first signed for us from Watford in 2016 it was as a left back. He moved to centre back when we had a CB shortage did ok and then had his horrific injury. Bottom line he can play in both positions. Personally I thought he lacked the height to be a permanent CB.

If it is Currie, as many are now starting to suspect, the interesting thing is, who will be his assistant? Who did he have at Barnet and will he be likely to come with him to Southend???

I expect that Ron will come out with that old chestnut "we took our time to get the right man in" .

We are probably all a bit wonky on this, but when he first signed for us from Watford in 2016 it was as a left back. He moved to centre back when we had a CB shortage did ok and then had his horrific injury. Bottom line he can play in both positions. Personally I thought he lacked the height to be a permanent CB.
Didn't we move him to CB because his passing wasn't great? League 1/2 CBs don't really need to pass much whilst full backs do.

Didn't we move him to CB because his passing wasn't great? League 1/2 CBs don't really need to pass much whilst full backs do.
That's what I mean by wonky thinking. It's all about memory, and it may have been down to his passing in part but I do remember we were struggling with injuries in the centre. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter all that much.

Someone on the Barnet forum:

"Southend are back for pre season and have made signings/new contracts so pointing towards Fagan famous last words ?"

Must have missed those signings we've made...

Someone on the Barnet forum:

"Southend are back for pre season and have made signings/new contracts so pointing towards Fagan famous last words ?"

Must have missed those signings we've made...

They obviously think the youth lads are new signings.

Back