• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Barnet boss Darren Currie

At first, the overwhelming majority welcomed & cheered Sol’s arrival. Nearly everyone was accepting of the appointment, and even the few doubters were intrigued to see what he could do. Overall, the reaction from the fans was positive.

However, and this bit is simple really.... Sol turned out to be a wrong’un, and no amount of former glory and accolades made up for his lack of man-management, arrogance, common decency & ineptitude.

Now we’re back to reality.

We’re back in the basement league, we’re skint, and we have a depleted squad. We need to look at all avenues and possibilities, including non-league personnel.

But why is that a bad thing? As always, playing at the highest of levels does not automatically carry into being a great manager. And similarly, working at the lowest levels, doesn’t equate to being a bad manager.

I’d much rather have the two former FitzWimarc school teachers, than the former Premier League, F.A. Cup winning, Champions League finalist & England International.

anyway one thing is Sol could risk all on the youths and shrug his shoulders when the kids defending gave away stupid goals ... ...as they did multiple times. He had enough under his belt in terms of football acheivement to accept the situation at SUFC without stressing the kids out .

I understand from those ITK he had multiple failings (I await the big reveal) but it is not necessarily the case that the kids will flourish under a manager who has something to prove and is under pressure.

If Currie is appointed I would not be surprised if he is reluctant to play our young talent

Anywas Just a thought as I re-arranged my Sol Campbell posters on the wall.

anyway one thing is Sol could risk all on the youths and shrug his shoulders when the kids defending gave away stupid goals ... ...as they did multiple times. He had enough under his belt in terms of football acheivement to accept the situation at SUFC without stressing the kids out

And enough money in his bank account for it not to really matter which way things went.

Last edited:
anyway one thing is Sol could risk all on the youths and shrug his shoulders when the kids defending gave away stupid goals ... ...as they did multiple times. He had enough under his belt in terms of football acheivement to accept the situation at SUFC without stressing the kids out .

Hmmm. Sol said - repeatedly - that he was forced to play the kids, as there was no alternative.

He didn’t play the kids out of choice, as per his own admission. Fail to see how that is an encouragement.

And neither did he shoulder the blame for them. He regularly told them in training how **** they were. He told one young player in front of the rest of the squad to get his agent to contact him, so he could arrange him a transfer out of the club, because he was so ****.

I understand from those ITK he had multiple failings (I await the big reveal) but it is not necessarily the case that the kids will flourish under a manager who has something to prove and is under pressure.

Out of respect for the owners, I won’t mention them again, but I will say that there has been various truthful comments said on this site, about his behaviour.

But forget that, all you need to know is, that since mid-March he had no contact with his team at all. Nothing. Nada. That sums him up.

If Currie is appointed I would not be surprised if he is reluctant to play our young talent

Anywas Just a thought as I re-arranged my Sol Campbell posters on the wall.

Most managers will be. The truth is half of them aren’t ready for a long slog in League 2. It’s why it’s imperative we get bodies in, ASAP.

But more importantly than that, what we need from the next manager, is to instill team unity. We’ve been missing that since the Brown days.

Above all else, we need a good team spirit.

Sol was incapable of forging that.

Last edited:
anyway one thing is Sol could risk all on the youths and shrug his shoulders when the kids defending gave away stupid goals ... ...as they did multiple times. He had enough under his belt in terms of football acheivement to accept the situation at SUFC without stressing the kids out

Not stress the kids out?

Ask Richard Taylor how he felt being dragged off after 55 mins having been thrown in the deep end before he was ready?

Ask Harry Seadon if he felt stressed after playing pretty well despite making one error only to be replaced by the reserve keeper of the same age from another club?

Or Michael Klass who was brought back from a loan in the Conference only to not kick a ball for Sol?

Or maybe ask Emile Acquah? Isaac Hutchinson? Ethan Hamilton?

For someone who had all this class under his belt in terms of achievement and had so much to offer, I wonder why apparently he asked coaches to tell all players under 23 to never ever knock on his door?

anyway this is off topic and we’ve done Sol to death ?

Not stress the kids out?

Ask Richard Taylor how he felt being dragged off after 55 mins having been thrown in the deep end before he was ready?

Ask Harry Seadon if he felt stressed after playing pretty well despite making one error only to be replaced by the reserve keeper of the same age from another club?

Or Michael Klass who was brought back from a loan in the Conference only to not kick a ball for Sol?

Or maybe ask Emile Acquah? Isaac Hutchinson? Ethan Hamilton?

For someone who had all this class under his belt in terms of achievement and had so much to offer, I wonder why apparently he asked coaches to tell all players under 23 to never ever knock on his door?

anyway this is off topic and we’ve done Sol to death ?

Wot he said. Any more Sol stuff in this thread will meet a very quick and sticky end. Thanks everyone.

Barnet have been a great feeder club for us over the years.

I think we should help them out a bit and show our appreciation by sending them last seasons kit to play in next season.
We could also give them a couple off over rated and over paid players to help our resources.

I just want the manager named and signed up so that SUFC can then truly plan for the future ,get the umbargo lifted and sign the players we require ,get all up to speed with fitness etc and go on to win this bloody league. Lets move forward .UTB Get the new stadium on its way(dreaming )and play our way to Wembley (FA CUP FINAL)then into premiershite and europe .

Why do i want this ,so each and everyone of us can give the turkey finger to that Spammer Redknapp who said SUFC was a joke of a club .

Didnt also the young lad at the time played along side Freddy when we played Man U come from Barnet also.Hes now plying his trade in AUSTRALIAN League.

Gary Hooper? No he was another Grays find.

Why do i want this ,so each and everyone of us can give the turkey finger to that Spammer Redknapp who said SUFC was a joke of a club .
Unfortunately we are at present thanks to Ron's plans creating this dire situation where the clubs and his financial future hangs on a council decision.Surely the new man must be announced by the end of this week at the latest even if the playing side is delayed due to the reasons we know.
If we are to turn the corner and the clubs fortunes change almost overnight with FF then the very least we should expect is a decent managerial appointment to take us forward over a run of the mill journeyman which some of the quoted names are.
This appointment will clearly show just how bad things are or if there is actually a plan aligned to the new development and better finances.

have you watched the interview? He’s legit fighting back tears at the start. He is gutted
I stand corrected, I watched game on TV and made my remarks on his face at the final whistle. I did not see after match interview. Sorry Darren Currie , I still want you as next blues manager and ASAP. :LoyalSupporter:

Contract expires in September according to Barnet..

Some decent players as well who could do a job for us if he wanted to bring with him familiar faces. I’m sure 6ft 6 Ricardo Santos could do a job at the back for us.

A 6 month notice period as expected.

When it comes down to it, Barnet won't want to go into pre-season with a manager and assistant who won't be there past September. That's in nobody's best interests. In the next week they'll agree new contracts or to depart with immediate effect.

Back