• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Barnet boss Darren Currie

Currie all day long, this appointment needs to be right, he has a good couple of years 'experience' as a first team manager, he's young and v respected.

Fagan and Maher are great and know the players but are 2 high risk.

I suppose Currie's pros are better suited than the other 2, if we get him in quick he'll have time to gel and get to know the players.

Yeah, Currie and chips down by the seaside please!
Just a small insignificant fact. Sol Campbell is actually younger than Currie. Only a matter of months, both will reach 46 this year. Currie isn't as young as some think, but he played at most levels and ticks most of the boxes for me, if it has to be someone other than Craig Fagan or Kevin Maher.

would be nice of chairman ron to do an update for blues supporters just like barnet have done for their supports

Indeed. We could all enter some zone bingo cards to raise some money.....Then tick off the usual suspects as they rush to denounce the latest from Ron.

We all have our set opinions and Ron wont change them. Even if they were breaking ground at FF this summer.

Last edited:
Indeed. We could all enter some zone bingo cards to raise some money.....Then tick off the usual suspects as they rush to denounce the latest from Ron.

We all have our set opinions and Ron wont change them. Even when they were breaking ground at FF this summer.

Which we aren't.

Currie or Fagan? I think I’d go Fagan.

Im going to wait and see. Who ever it is will disappoint, in the current circumstances. Then I will claim I always wanted the other one.

If he does produce a Tilly of a season i would just like to say now that although I agreed with the choice, it was because he inherited a good squad and Ron got lucky.

I see that a few of Barnet’s regulars have decided to leave at the end of their contract. I do wonder if Currie does indeed come in whether possibly the likes of Ricardo Santos and Simeon Akinola may follow? Both could do jobs for us I’d imagine.

I suspect Ron has learned the hard way to keep quiet until things are over the line.
7th March 2008 ... Blues chairman Ron Martin described the decision as a pivotal moment' in the club's history. He said in a statement: "It is with an enormous pleasure that I am able to confirm that the decision ... for the residents of Southend, Fossetts Farm is the best location for a new football stadium and we will work with ...
7 Nov 2009 · Well, outside the mind of Ron Martin, it is a cause for alarm, not least since the tax debt is now ... The panacea for their ills has for a decade been a move to a new stadium at 'Fossetts Farm ...
3 Mar 2014 · Ron Martin. He revealed the sheer scale of his investment as he reiterated his desire to get a new stadium built at Fossetts Farm, which would help the club be more self-sufficient. Mr Martin said: “I have ...

Yes ,We all know where Ron's statements end up!

Trying to add a bit of humor although understand not everyone will find it funny and some like you won't even get it.

Yeah sorry. Due to the volley of LOL's and positive replies your "humourous post" got, it must just be me that didnt get it.

Back