• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Barnet boss Darren Currie

Would definitely prefer to give him a go than McGreal, but still think it'll be Maher and/or Fagan.

The more I'm hearing about Currie, the more I'd welcome his appointment. Although Barnet didn't show up yesterday, Currie has had his team playing attractive football all season.
I like the fact that he'll have good knowledge of the non league scene. John Still will be in his ear recommending players to him as well which can only help.
Throw in the the fact that he sounds like a really decent guy who has built a good bond with both players and supporters then this could be a very good appointment.

Seemed very casual as Barnet lost in the playoffs yesterday, but maybe he knows something I don’t! Has done a good job with not much money. I would welcome him Here. Best candidate so far.:Clap::LoyalSupporter:

Would absolutely love to have a manager who cared about SUFC as much as he clearly cared in that interview for Barnet.

The absolute polar opposite to Sol, Bond etc...
But what you have to remember mate is a lot of these guys have just played their first game for Southampton

The suggestion an 'invested' candidate is better than a detached boss like Campbell is equally suspect.
For us, it's been hit and miss.
For every Steve Tilson, there has been a Paul Clark, Alan Little, Peter Taylor and Chris m'boy.
Sturrock? Had nil connection with Blues before arrival, but made a magnificent fist when asked to knit with fog.
Webby may have lived in Southend eventually, but he was an east-end boy.
However, one thing he did tell me was the need to snaffle local talent:
"If you can't build a squad from inside the M25, you ain't trying.'
Shall I send that to Kevin (Australia, Ireland, Timbukto will do) Bond?

Probably missing something but how come Barnet made the play offs? Was it decided on PPG?

Would take him or McGreal. Both have experience of lower leagues. I just feel Maher and Fagan need more experience of running a first team. Reserves/yoofs is one thing, first team is a different prospect where you're coming up against tacticians week in week out. Being a likeable and good bloke may not get you all that far. Ricky Duncan is a good youth team coach and well liked, but he was out of his depth running the first team. The head must prevail over the heart.

Back