• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Barney 50/50

shrimperton

Manager
ON OS NOW!!!Not looking good for Barney, aint trained all week, wont play tommorrow imo, get the feeling this may be just a mind game really, refusing to rule out our top striker.

Looks like my source who told me monday he wont be fit aint lying:'(

Its nothing we didnt already know really. I reckon he'l make the bench then come on in extra time and bang in a hatrick!

surely it has to be kanuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Yeah surely Kanu. He was brilliant when he started that run of form and I hope we can get that out of him again. We need that ectra bit of strength up front and I think we have that in Kanu.

It seems certain he won't play. Can you ever remember Barnard actually winning one of these injury battles... For all he brings to the team, if you are going to play as inconsistently as he does there is no way we can look at him as our main striker in my opinion.

I'd much rather see Hooper partner Walker than Revell. He's match-fit and in confident form. I'd be very happy to see Kanu on the right with those two up top.

Someone who will work hard and win a bit in the air would be nice so Id prefer Revell, however the fact he hasnt scored yet doesnt fill me with confidence.

If he is not going to play and judging by some posts the chances are he will not, although you can never tell with Barnard as he is fast becoming accident prone, then I would like to see Kanu start and thought he should have come on friday night.
Personally would like to see Hoops on the pitch tomorrow seeing as he done so well whilst out on loan and he has not really had the opportunity since being back

Someone who will work hard and win a bit in the air would be nice so Id prefer Revell, however the fact he hasnt scored yet doesnt fill me with confidence.

It's big decision time for Tilly. If this was a league match in mid-November he'd go with Revell every time. The fact that we need to score goals in a one-off game makes me think we may see him gamble more than usual... And if Hooper can't work hard in this game then he really should be off-loaded to Hereford!

Might even be tempted to try Revell and Black actually, Black's played his best games for us up front and Revell's height would do him a lot of favours. If Barney's any way fit enough he has to be on the bench though, as does Hooper - we need goals from someone.

Donny are likely to play 433...
So if Barney doesn't make it, Replace him with Maher (and Black With Kanu) swamp the middle of the park but with Gower and Kanu pushing on when we attack.
As long as we don't resort to hoofing up to Walker, there should be enough bodies in midfield (certainly against a 3) to play a patient passing build up and get the support alongside Walker

Back