• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Barney and Macca off?

seems a reasonable price. £500k for Barney and we pay them £100k for Macca

Last edited:
Little bit further down also says Southampton have had 650k offer accepted for Barnard! ** Think we would be biting their hand off if that was true **

There have been offers for Barney. I don't know what but he is not going to be offered what he wants at SUFC and looks like SUFC are going to cash in! Everyone has thought it. I've been told it. As with all Jan transfer rumours time will tell.

Anyone attend the training ground (if open) and see who was not in attendance today.
I hear the lads trained at Club Kingswood the other day due to snow.

ffs, this is peoples bloody rumours for god sake, that they have mae up in there bored heads, hardly deserving of a thread is it really!

ffs, this is peoples bloody rumours for god sake, that they have mae up in there bored heads, hardly deserving of a thread is it really!

True, but there's no smoke without fire, and this particular rumour doesn't seem to wanna quit.

There is a lot of fire about this rumour I can assure you.

Is this a hint that Tilly will walk if we are forced to sell our best players!? Apparently Tilly was playing golf with the Burnley and doncaster chairmen yesterday.

It always the same during the transfer window, i'm just surprised about the lack of people playing golf with Tilly recently!

Correct me if i'm wrong didn't we reject a 300k bid for Macca from Millwall before season start (according to RM blog)

If this is the case why would we say yes to a 400k bid for the both of them???? 300k for Barney baring in mind his short contract is a possibility, but I still think that would be thrown out baring in mind the ammount of "apparent" interest.

So at the present poported ammount I would say this rumour is a non-starter and I hope to God I'm right

Correct me if i'm wrong didn't we reject a 300k bid for Macca from Millwall before season start (according to RM blog)

If this is the case why would we say yes to a 400k bid for the both of them???? 300k for Barney baring in mind his short contract is a possibility, but I still think that would be thrown out baring in mind the ammount of "apparent" interest.

So at the present poported ammount I would say this rumour is a non-starter and I hope to God I'm right

Maybe due to the fact of our dire finances!!!
Especially now they are public!!

I thought it was £200K that was rejected.

Apaprently, we are after £500K for Barnard, so worst ways we should be looking at £700K if that is the case. £400K, with a player or two thrown in maybe worth thinking about though.

I think it's more a fact (or maybe just my opinion) that RM says one thing, and then a little while later says something completely different. Allow me to elaborate;

- Tilly can have a warchest to spend on players when in reality Tilly has to survive on loanees and freebies.

- The new stadium will happen when inreality The stadium is STILL very far off.

- RM said Revs had to go due to lightning the wage bill, THEN he said it was because he was underperforming. contradiction? Just plain confused.com

- RM refused Millwall's offer of £200-£300k (however much it was) yet a few months later accepts a bid for £400k for Macca AND Barny. Now that IS weird. Surely we'd have needed the money MORE a few months back, not suggesting we don't need it now.

Back