• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Barney out

shrimperton

Manager
Headline says it all really, Barnard has been told by physios he WILL NOT be fit to play on Friday, Tilson is now planning the second leg without him

GOD I HOPE THEIR WRONG!!

Headline says it all really, Barnard has been told by physios he WILL NOT be fit to play on Friday, Tilson is now planning the second leg without him

GOD I HOPE THEIR WRONG!!

Nothing on O/S. Where did you get this from?

If this is true this is going to be a huge, huge loss. Assuming he is out, Tilson needs to go with Kanu and Walker up front I think and just pray that we can snatch a goal. Bailey, Gower and Macca are going to need to be on their games I think to provide the necessary quality going forward.

yeah i think kanu will have to come in if this is true... we need to be able to hang onto the ball, and i think kanu will bring players into the game as well as frighten them with his pace and trickery

Kanu come in for Barney last time he got injured and scored 3 goals in 3 games

Huge loss if Barney is out though

Its a big loss but I think we have other reasonable options and with Bailey & Gower still have options to get a goal.

Disappointing but if we create the chances that we did on Friday Barnard wouldnt have anything to go on anyway.

I can't understand how someone can be so injury prone, i know this is his ankle but the others have been muscle injuries.

Reliable, but cannot reveal, sorry guys, all i can say is hope she is wrong but its unlikely

So, any word on how long he'd be out for if he does miss Friday and yet we still get through?

Would Barney be out for Wembley?

I take it Macca's not injured?

So, any word on how long he'd be out for if he does miss Friday and yet we still get through?

it could potentially leave us very short for wembley, as walker will have gone back by then

I can't understand how someone can be so injury prone, i know this is his ankle but the others have been muscle injuries.

What Lee really needs is a spell of recovery then a decent pre-season and he can hopefully build up some injury resistance that way.

Look at Michael Owen's return from his broken leg at the World Cup!

Maybe this is some "kidology" aimed Donny's way? Until the team is announced on Friday evening noone really knows.

They are only taking it for this game at the mo, so he should be back for wembley, if we make it, and had no word on macca, so no news is good news, as they say!

I think Kanu will have a fair crack in the Reading first team next year now they've gone down so we might aswell use him while we have him.

I think Kanu will have a fair crack in the Reading first team next year now they've gone down so we might aswell use him while we have him.

If Steve Coppell thought he was good enough to be in a Prem team next year he will be a championship player next year, and from what i have seen before he got inj, he is good enough to whip Donny, its a good bit of loan play by Tilly IMO

Back