• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TV Highlights Barnsley 1 Southend 0

Absolute goalkeeper error. No command at all. At his height no opposition should win the ball in the air in the 6 yard area but he stays rooted to his line.

As I suspected not as bad as I thought. Great corner, great movement by Moore and he is about as good as it gets with headers in L1.

he is the most over rated goal keeper we have ever had, honestly hes a really average goal keeper with nothing else to his game apart from the shot stopping element. totally to blame as have been quiet a few this season

he is the most over rated goal keeper we have ever had, honestly hes a really average goal keeper with nothing else to his game apart from the shot stopping element. totally to blame as have been quiet a few this season

List the goals he has been totally to blame for this season.

IMHO Oxley is a good keeper at this level, he has his weaknesses, but they’re more than compensated by his strengths.

Cox and Bunn missed great chances today, but like Oxley don’t need to be criticised week in week out.

You've not been following the Blues long enough to know this. If he hadn't of signed a new contract close season I think we would have had a keeper that would have needed time to adjust to our ever changing back 4/5 this season. He has kept us in more games this season than lost us points.

The trouble with seeing corners from a camera high up on the halfway line is you can't see the whip, pace and bend on them. At ground level, corners come in a lot quicker than they look from a TV gantry. Also, as someone alluded to elsewhere, there was a strong wind bending those corners in under the crossbar.

That said, we really need to stop goals from set-pieces. We have conceded far too many over recent years. Not sure if it's the personnel or the marking set-up. I include Oxley in that. He always looks as if he needs to come through a crowd of players for everything. It really is something we need to work on harder.

Doesn't even show our disallowed goal. Rubbish highlights again.
It's on the YouTube highlights that go up at midday Sunday on Southend's channel, the Sky ones will always be rubbish because they try to get them out on the same day as the match.

No way Cox was offside, but what was Oxley doing? He seems to have no confidence in his ability to stop crosses?

Has he been hurt from these situations early in his career as he seems frightened to commit himself either through fear of pain or of making a mistake?

I'm willing to give Oxley the benefit of the doubt for the goal because like others have said the ball was whipped in with pace. However, watch the corner at just after 1.00; Oxley should be claiming that quite comfortably but barely moves. His lack of dominance is definitely an issue.

As for Cox, he looks a yard or two offside to me.

I'm willing to give Oxley the benefit of the doubt for the goal because like others have said the ball was whipped in with pace. However, watch the corner at just after 1.00; Oxley should be claiming that quite comfortably but barely moves. His lack of dominance is definitely an issue.

As for Cox, he looks a yard or two offside to me.

By pausing it and looking at the pitch mowing lines, you could make a case for his right knee being an inch or two offside. Certainly not yards in it.

Just seen the highlights , poor goal to concede , that should be bread and butter for us to defend , looks like the opposition have twigged that Ox gets rattled in his box at corners - the warning sign was the corner before .
Smart finish from cox , hard to tell if he held his run but should of bent the run slightly to ensure he stayed level

Good job Darryl was before your time.

FWIW I think it was Turner was at fault for the goal as his man beat him to the ball at the near post but as Kris said the cross at one minute was more concerning. Was Oxley claiming he was fouled? He had less issues piling through the bodies to punch against Charlton.

Back