• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Barrett and Macca GONE

pickledseal

cowboy
STATEMENT: BARRETT & MCCORMACK

Following a request from both Adam Barrett and Alan McCormack Southend United has today cancelled their contracts by mutual consent.

As a result both Adam and Alan can now leave the Football Club and seek employment elsewhere on free transfers.

The Club is now subject to a salary cap in League Two and both players were high wage earners.

The Club’s management wishes them well in finding new employment on similar terms.

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10444~2077215,00.html

Barrett and Macca Have Gone

I see Barrett and Macca have left with both there contracts being termanated.

Just posted the same thing.

Two high earners off the books but no transfer fee.

Without debating his actual quality on the pitch, it's such a shame that someone with the club in his heart like Barrett has left the building for non-footballing reasons...

:'(

Thank you for the great memories, we had a few great seasons. Good luck for the future. Please don't sign for Col U.

We really need to start signing up a few new players now...

New club captain and vice-captain for next season then? A French 'dream-team'? ;)

PS- Just heard pubs in Wakering and worrying about next 'seasons' profits...

Oh dear, that's two very key players gone, but after the last few months we have had, who can blame them really?

Good luck to them, wherever they may go.

UPDATED LIST

Under contract - 10 players (1 GK, 2 Def, 3 Mid, 4 Fwd)

Mildenhall 2011 (3year deal 2008) **ON TRANSFER LIST**

Francis 2011 (3yr deal 2008) **ON TRANSFER LIST**
Herd 2011 (1yr deal 2010)

Grant 2012 (2.5 yr deal Oct 09)
Christophe 2011 (2.5 yr deal Jan 2009)
O'Keefe 2011 (3yr deal Nov 2008 )

Laurent 2011 (2.5yr deal Dec 2008)
Paterson 2012 (2.5yr deal Jan 2010)
Spencer 2011 (1 yr deal Jun 2010)
Crawford 2012 (2yr deal 2010)

Out of contract - 2 players (2 Mid)

Moussa 2010 (1yr extension, 2009) **NEW DEAL OFFERED**
Scannell 2010 (2.5 yr deal Jan 2008)**NEW DEAL OFFERED**

Without debating his actual quality on the pitch, it's such a shame that someone with the club in his heart like Barrett has left the building for non-footballing reasons...

:'(
Spot on, Barrett loved the club, and the reason he left, was because of finances, and not being payed on time. That is a real shame for the club.

"The club wishes them both well in finding employment on similar terms"

1. What's the point in this snidey dig?
2. I doubt they will want to find similar terms of being paid when the club desires to do so!!

2. I doubt they will want to find similar terms of being paid when the club desires to do so!!

Missed that when I read it! Thats disgraceful - our club is a laughing stock, yet somehow, nothing surprises me any more with this regime.

It's so feckin' petty. Why is this necessary... it's school GIRL stuff.
I'm actually quite angry now.

UPDATED LIST

Under contract - 10 players (1 GK, 2 Def, 3 Mid, 4 Fwd)

Mildenhall 2011 (3year deal 2008) **ON TRANSFER LIST**

Francis 2011 (3yr deal 2008) **ON TRANSFER LIST**
Herd 2011 (1yr deal 2010)

Grant 2012 (2.5 yr deal Oct 09)
Christophe 2011 (2.5 yr deal Jan 2009)
O'Keefe 2011 (3yr deal Nov 2008 )

Laurent 2011 (2.5yr deal Dec 2008)
Paterson 2012 (2.5yr deal Jan 2010)
Spencer 2011 (1 yr deal Jun 2010)
Crawford 2012 (2yr deal 2010)

Out of contract - 2 players (2 Mid)

Moussa 2010 (1yr extension, 2009) **NEW DEAL OFFERED**
Scannell 2010 (2.5 yr deal Jan 2008)**NEW DEAL OFFERED**
This list worries me big time. We need players, and fast, otherwise we will be playing our youth team next season! We have hardly any defenders, Mildenhall wants out, so if he goes, we will need another keeper, a couple more midfielders, and possibly a striker, let's hope Tilson is busy in the transfer market, that's if this Transfer Embargo is ever lifted, dire times...

Last edited:
Back