• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Barrett: N'Diaye will be good for Blues

Evening Echo

The News
FORMER Southend United skipper Adam Barrett believes Alassane N’Diaye would do a good job for Blues next season.

More...

Hmmm I would be a bit worried about Adam talking to him. After all the **** he went through, I hope he isn't putting N'diaye off a little. I dont think that would be Adams style though. He was always a model pro, so hopefully despite the troubles he faced. He is putting in a good word for us.

Despite what Adam went through he is a blues fan, and that will never change. I would imagine that he only had good things to say about the club.

I'm guessing they probably got quite close. When they were sitting on the bench together.

Given that Adam says he got frustrated playing as a holding midfielder, what is his actual prefered position then?

Given that Adam says he got frustrated playing as a holding midfielder, what is his actual prefered position then?

I believe he is more of a box to box type.

A good engine, tough tackler, technically good and a real "unit"

A Viera type.

Last edited:
Sounds good to me! N'Diaye and Grant would make a strong pairing in midfield, hopefully not too many yellow/red cards would be given to them both though.

When will Barrett be leaving Palace?? Would love to have him back at Southend, although with the squad at the moment he would probably be on the bench...

Lol, fair enough point SUFC-Shrimper, but he wasn't exactly a bad defender, like I say 'not the best', but he would do fine in League 2.

And lets be honest, there are not many loyal footballers out there right now. Fair enough he left us to go to Palace as he wasn't getting paid, so you could say he moved for the money, but thats fair enough if your not getting paid at all every week!

Give me barratt anyday over the useless s***We had to put up with last season. But as one of tillys men That taints him with some of you on here

Give me barratt anyday over the useless s***We had to put up with last season. But as one of tillys men That taints him with some of you on here

The fact is barker is far superior to AB and moshni is far better in the air (if a little mental with it) there are plenty of tilly players I would welcome back, im just not sure we need AB, now if your gonna talk about gower, bailey, freddy that is a different matter

What makes you say that? Granted he wasn't the best defender, i.e he didn't have much pace, but he would put in 100% for the club week in week out and portray so much passion!

Just because he's a Southend fan and kissed the badge a few times doesn't make him a good player.

Give me Chris Barker over Adam Barrett all day, every day.

How we got Barker is still a mystery to me- year to run on contract and way to good L2. Better than AB yes who wasa good solid L1 player and a great servant to the club.

Moshsni- has what AB was never blessed with, real pace to go with dominance in the air. Will be at least a Championship player in fullness of time.

I think AB is getting far to much bad press here..He was a good player and one of the promotion team and scored some great goals.He had faults for sure, but he was SUFC 100% and in my eyes that counts for a lot....let us see where Barker and co (who I think has been outstanding for us) take us before condemning AB as some alsoran.

Back