• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Barrett on the brink of being announced....?

Let us hope we see that scarf above his head on the pitch. Let's also hope that another Southend legend is his number 2.

We need something or someone to raise the players , fans and the club.

This would provide a much needed shot in the arm.

This would give the whole place a lift, no doubt about it.

If we do appoint him, it has to be long term and if that means that he takes us down this season, so be it.

If we do appoint him, it has to be long term and if that means that he takes us down this season, so be it.
Agreed! The damage is already done this season. Need a miracle already

I did here AB and Tilly were in 2nd place before Rons Swedish soiree.....So you never know

Absolutely. Should the worst come to the worst and we drop to L2 I'd be far more confident that AB, more than anyone else touted, could get us back up quicky. More immediately he'll restore some (desperately needed) confidence and belief.

Absolutely. Should the worst come to the worst and we drop to L2 I'd be far more confident that AB, more than anyone else touted, could get us back up quicky. More immediately he'll restore some (desperately needed) confidence and belief.

And a bit of pride into the shirt and the club. There are clearly some bad apples on the playing staff and they need rooting out and showing the door in January.

Didn't Ron say the Echo doesn't pick the manager. I cant see Millwall releasing AB from his contract even if AB was interested I still think Larsson is in pole position to get the job.

Whoever we appoint we have to be prepared to get relegated with them.
Can't keep chopping and changing.

AB YES YES YES PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

Didn't Ron say the Echo doesn't pick the manager. I cant see Millwall releasing AB from his contract even if AB was interested I still think Larsson is in pole position to get the job.

Of course they would. You don't stand in the way of an assistant getting a number one job.

Whoever we appoint we have to be prepared to get relegated with them.
Can't keep chopping and changing.

AB YES YES YES PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

This x 1000.

It was bad under Brown, it was bad under Powell, it was bad under Bond, it was bad under Waddock.

We stick by the manager even if we get relegated and we give them a chance to rebuild their own side in the fourth division.

Waddock said “whoever picks the team on Saturday”

So I guess he’s out the race ..

I am still a Jose man - but ..... could be persuaded that a local boy would not tolerate half arsed effort and prima donnas -

Are the play offs a stastitical impossibility ??

Rumour has it AB has been seen in a suit in a well known area of Southend.......Which means Millwall must have given him permission to speak.

Of course they would. You don't stand in the way of an assistant getting a number one job.

This x 1000.

It was bad under Brown, it was bad under Powell, it was bad under Bond, it was bad under Waddock.

We stick by the manager even if we get relegated and we give them a chance to rebuild their own side in the fourth division.
Not even an assistant - the first team coach!

Back