• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Barrett on the brink of being announced....?

an unreliable source told me that Harris had been approached last weekend and to keep an eye on it. From someone friends with the family. I was highly dubious and to be honest only his resignation gives it any credence.

I'm told that has been tried in recent years. The result is you can only sign players no one else wants. Like Mantom, Hyam and Dieng for example.

It will be our 4th manager (5th if you include Mayer and Duncan) in 6 months.

Harris still has Championship stock. Unless he is thinking of semi-retirement.....Why would he come here?
Interesting first paragraph there...

Just won with Millwall....

Just go get him Ron if you think he's your man. Though now it might be down to Millwall hiring someone...

One swallow doesn't make a summer and all that but I'd hate for us to lose the opportunity to give Adam a try. We need someone who is going to give absolutely everything to this club, because currently we seem to have nothing. Nobody will do that more than Adam.

Would he want the Millwall job tho ? Would he consider the southend job if offered it ?
No matter how much he loves our club, as a professional with any sense of ambition, I am sure he'd take a job in the Championship over a club in disarray at the foot of League 1, destined for League 2. A club with financial woes. This, before we even look at the money he'd earn at Millwall.

No matter how much he loves our club, as a professional with any sense of ambition, I am sure he'd take a job in the Championship over a club in disarray at the foot of League 1, destined for League 2. A club with financial woes. This, before we even look at the money he'd earn at Millwall.
Don’t forget he could also lead us into our new stadium, that could make his mind up eh:Hilarious:

Would he want the Millwall job tho ? Would he consider the southend job if offered it ?
Adam has gone out to 4/1 for the Millwall job. Roy Keane is 5/2 fav now
But some money has come for him to be the next Southend manager, as he has come into 4/7. While HL has drifted to 5/2!!!

Last edited:
Not sure why people think after the Millwall result AB will get the job; they beat a team 2-1 who had 10 men for the majority of the game, and Millwall only had (according to BBC) 30 odd percent of the possession.

Didn't exactly set the world alight there!!

The betting is not relevant to anything. So little liquidity in the next manager market for a club of our size that a tenner can actually move it. If it were on Betfair Exchange I think canny punters would make a lot more trading on there.

Not sure why people think after the Millwall result AB will get the job; they beat a team 2-1 who had 10 men for the majority of the game, and Millwall only had (according to BBC) 30 odd percent of the possession.

Do not underestimate the level of that result given the circumstances,I was at the game Millwall were excellent in the first half and stood firm when required.Leeds team is full of premiere league quality players.Adam team changes and game management was first class .

From what I’ve heard, much like Waddock with us (being seen as part of the Bond fiasco), he’s seen very much as a continuation of Harris .. so wouldn’t be very popular I don’t think. He’d however be welcomed like a king at RH. No brainer for Adam, right? ?

Kammy was reporting on the Leeds/Millwall game and he said early on that Adam had got Millwall well fired up, so, regardless of the fact they had a lot less possession, they were battling.

Back