• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Barrett

Lucky to stay on the pitch in the first half yet still moaning at the ref and making silly challenges afterwards. Was rightly sent off and a huge amount of stupidity especially as he is meant to lead by example. Worse thing is both challenges were in completely unnecessary areas of the pitch. Completely let down the team yet he gets applauded off the pitch by the majority of our fans. Unbelievable

Worst post ever in the history of Shrimperzone.

Wont be posting on here again, cant give your opinion without getting abuse and told you know nothing about the game. Especially when one of the people telling me to f off is some kid who wanted to arrange the Martin Out protest yet didnt even know why or what he wanted to achieve! Some good posters on here but got no time for rose tinted idiots who dont want to discuss things for what they are.

i seriously thought this was a wind up its not we forcing you out and it is a discussion board people disagree but its not rose tinted i jus find it unbelivieble if this your real opinion but up to you i suppose no one here seems to agree comon honestly you being serious?

Wont be posting on here again, cant give your opinion without getting abuse and told you know nothing about the game. Especially when one of the people telling me to f off is some kid who wanted to arrange the Martin Out protest yet didnt even know why or what he wanted to achieve! Some good posters on here but got no time for rose tinted idiots who dont want to discuss things for what they are.

i seriously thought this was a wind up its not we forcing you out and it is a discussion board people disagree but its not rose tinted i jus find it unbelivieble if this your real opinion but up to you i suppose no one here seems to agree comon honestly you being serious?

Yeah im being serious, its my honest opinion and I can genuinely say im suprised nobody agrees, as you say its all about opinions. Also a two footed tackle is a ref card there days, regardless of whether you win the ball. Would like to see it again now, im convinced it was a bad one but maybe im wrong, it is all about opinions and I feel Barrett let the side down today by not using his brain a bit more. Just expect to be able to post without some of the abuse you get on here.

Yeah im being serious, its my honest opinion and I can genuinely say im suprised nobody agrees, as you say its all about opinions. Also a two footed tackle is a ref card there days, regardless of whether you win the ball. Would like to see it again now, im convinced it was a bad one but maybe im wrong, it is all about opinions and I feel Barrett let the side down today by not using his brain a bit more. Just expect to be able to post without some of the abuse you get on here.

Can i ask. Where do you sit at RH because his feet were not both up it was just a tad late!

Can i ask. Where do you sit at RH because his feet were not both up it was just a tad late!

I sit in the East Greens near the back, hard to tell if the studs were up but definately two feet and definately a bit of a lunge, at least that is the way I saw it. I thought two footed tackles were a red card these days regardless of studs up. Plus the second booking he missed the ball by a fair way, just seen it again on ssn and it doesnt look great, just think players need to think a bit more, especially when you are on a yellow card.

To be honest. I think he gave full hearted performance and the 'Tosser' Ref got it wrong. Thats my opionion and i dont feel he let down the team. Theres no point in arguining at the end of the Day cause we should all be 'United 4 Southend!' UTB

We are throwing away the chance of points because we go down to 10 men so bleedin' often.
Think, Barrett! You don't go around perched on shoulders when you are on a booking. Barrett had been warned before the red-card, he should be able to realise the Hitler of a ref was always going to give a soft one when presented with a decision to make.
Shrimp Curry has a point. Barrett absolutely steamed in for that challenge to pick up his first, he saw the ball broke free a bit but had to lunge to get it. It didn't look good, especially with the ref behind him.

Firstly I agree the ref had a terrible performance, some of his decisions were appauling. However, Adam's first challenge was two footed, but not ott, so a yellow card was the only out come, second challenge ifffy.

Challenges aside I thought Adam had a poor game defensively today, yes he's normally a rock, but today he wasn't at the races and left us stretched on numerous occasions.

Thankfully it's only a one match ban.

I sit in the East Greens and to be fair to Shrimp Curry for Barretts first booking though he did get the top of the ball, his foot (possibly both) was off the floor when he made the tackle and it was in front of the opposition dug out. A decade ago that challenge would have been deemed fair but the rules and the way referee's interept them have changed so I understand the booking. After that he had a couple of other fouls and when he was penalised in the second half for pushing Jason Price over to give them a free kick on the edge of the area you could see the ref tell Barrett thats his last foul, one more and he his off. Sadly the second yellow card came along I dont think the incident itself was a yellow card offence but more a case of persistent infringement of the law, so though the ref did make some very strange decisions in this case I can see the logic and I bet if it was a opposition defender that had been sent off for the same offences this board would be in 100% agreement that he was right to go.

He dived in two footed, 100% a sending off. I cant believe their are people claiming im having a wind up. I love Barrett as much as anyone else on here but some people are so biased towards our own players its incredible. Ref was shocking I agree.

what would the ref have made off this ?gamehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOtL1m1o_ok

For the record I am fed up with the abuse on this forum when someone posts an opinion, having had the same experience as Shrimp Curry. I think it should stop or the perpitrators banned by the mods.

As for Barretts sending off. I think that the actual sending off was ridiculous, but Adam had been warned several times before the incident and I could see it coming tbh.

Was directly in front of me, it was a two footed challenge but he did get the ball. If he hadn't pretty sure it would have been a straight red. Maybe a bit harsh but there you go.

Now don't get me started on the 2nd one!

Lucky to stay on the pitch in the first half yet still moaning at the ref and making silly challenges afterwards. Was rightly sent off and a huge amount of stupidity especially as he is meant to lead by example. Worse thing is both challenges were in completely unnecessary areas of the pitch. Completely let down the team yet he gets applauded off the pitch by the majority of our fans. Unbelievable

Are you serious?

Completely agree. Barrett didn't have a good game yesterday. As soon as he got the first yellow - you could see he was going to get sent off later on in the game.

As for the second yellow card - you can not swing for a ball like that. Catch the player and its a yellow card. End of. No debate needed.

If a carlisle player had committed both tackles like that, we would have wanted yellow cards for them both. I'm sorry, but some people are so short sighted.

I'm not adams biggest fan, but I'm not his biggest critic either. However; he can not have any complains about the red card.

As for the second yellow card - you can not swing for a ball like that. Catch the player and its a yellow card. End of. No debate needed.

Bull. If you're going to book players for that, you're going to turn it into a non-contact sport.

So you're advocating that players should not attempt a shot then?

It's a free-kick, fair enough. It isn't a yellow card though. There is no intent whatsoever. He's attempted a shot, had it nicked away at the last minute and caught the player. How is that cautionable?

Back