• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Barrow 1-2 Southend United - Relegation Confirmed

I think this is the fourth relegation I've experienced and this one by far feels the worst. It's going to take us years and years to rebuild the damage that Ron has inflicted on this club.

Out of interest, are we the first club to go down from L1-Non League back to back since Stockport 2008-2010? Just look at where they are now if you want an idea of how tough this is going to be...
Think Chesterfield did the same a few years ago.

Let's here what that W*nker Martin has to say about this - he is solely to blame for this - if he had appointed a CEO when Kavanagh went he might have got the ground built plus his precious flats and would have F*cked off into the distance a couple if years ago. He is the sole reason we are where we are and if he doesn't go then National South here we come!!
Gutted beyond belief - the man is a disgrace!

Oh well that's that then!! Brown should have come in earlier and the PE teacher should never have been given the job in the first place! It's only a game and worse things can happen then getting relegated! Wont effect my life in anyway !! But looking forward to winning the national league and playing different teams! It does get boring playing the same old crappy teams every year!!
Who made both of those decisions? Ron.

The most annoying thing is, when Football Manager 22 comes out, I'll need to start the game with the National League added and I don't think my laptop is fast enough. Thanks Ron!

In a similar vein, it’s made my decision to not buy Fifa 22 final

We need to appoint a manager for next season within the next fortnight, personally I'd go for Brown and if not him Fagan.

As for the players, Egbri, Howard, Hart, Hobson and Rush need to stay as a minimum. I'd like to keep Holmes for one more season too.

A big rebuild is needed but I'm not overly pessimistic about next season, we just need to plan early and have a plan for the season

So since PB came in
2W 2D 1L
8 points
Average 1.6 points per game
72 points equivalent
Play off form
PB should have been here earlier. BTW that’s a 40% win rate which is also what PB delivered in his first 5 year stint.
Let hope he signs for next season quickly and starts to build now for what we need to get back up.

It's hard to argue with that and that's with players he didn't want or sign.

Heartbreaking, absolutely heartbreaking. I'm in the firm belief that if Ron pulled the trigger about 5 games earlier and appointed Brown we'd have survived. The improvement since PB arrival is clear for all to see. **** you Ron, this is on YOU.
Problem was Ron knew PB was the choice way back. This was the earliest he could start- but surely in hindsight we should have paid him out of his contract commitments in India to get him sooner. Putting even the results aside the difference in attitude and commitment, and desire to get on the front foot as he likes to say has been obvious.

PB with Fagan as assistant manager, give him a decent budget and we get up and go again.

UTB

Oh well that's that then!! Brown should have come in earlier and the PE teacher should never have been given the job in the first place! It's only a game and worse things can happen then getting relegated! Wont effect my life in anyway !! But looking forward to winning the national league and playing different teams! It does get boring playing the same old crappy teams every year!!
Brown should have come in earlier, but he wasn’t available. So the options were find someone else or wait until Brown had a very difficult job with 6 games left.

one Brown could not have come in earlier due to being contracted in India and then stuck out there due to covid rules of travel . But now he has done a good job .Maybe the club should do there up most to keep him .Give him the tools to build a strong team .And get us back up .Ron forget you dream of a new stadium for now and put all your strength in get us back to div 2.

I have a lot of old shirts and when I look at them I always think, "Oh, that was the season when... "

Shame such a nice shirt will be the, "Oh, that was the season we went out of the league after 101 years."
I hope he does go on holiday and has a competent person in place to run the club in his absence.

Back