• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Barrow v Southend United

It's not apologists to say his job was made harder than it should have been.

Look at his record pre and post embargo. There were improvements which make me wonder how he would have done.

It all falls to Ron though
Indeed it does, he hired the worthless chump and didn’t sack him quickly enough. Ron has mismanaged Southend for years but Molesley was the final ingredient required to get us relegated from the League. Brown can get us out of the National League, whatever the circumstances.

We have a bad chairman, sorry MM was also out of his depth, regardless of all the issues, PB has lost one game in five, with MM players so thats what and experienced manager gives you

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed it does, he hired the worthless chump and didn’t sack him quickly enough. Ron has mismanaged Southend for years but Molesley was the final ingredient required to get us relegated from the League. Brown can get us out of the National League, whatever the circumstances.
Whatever your thoughts on MM or PB this is key, Ron IS accountable for this.

Our problem this season was our managers struggled, first of all Steve Ball and then Wayne Brown, but since we brought in Tidsdale to support Mullins as head coach we have picked up lots more points with the same players. I think if these two had been in charge all season we would have done so much better. Many of those players are out of contract this Summer so I think our squad will be very different and possibly weaker next season. I think once you have decided on your manager there will be major changes in your squad, I hope you get a few decent strong players because you will need them in that league.

Supposedly, their standard is even worse in the National League?. I predict many games next season, when the Ref gets slaughtered for a pathetic display, and sadly rightly so.
What is unforgivable was today's wasn't even fit enough or bothered enough to keep up with the play. Making wrong decisions from 40m away- failing to give a penalty when Rush was scythed down being a classic example. `that said today it made zero difference.

Supposedly, their standard is even worse in the National League?. I predict many games next season, when the Ref gets slaughtered for a pathetic display, and sadly rightly so.

He was bad, probably the worst I've seen all season, that said, Who'd want to be a ref in this day and age, it's a thankless task.

What is unforgivable was today's wasn't even fit enough or bothered enough to keep up with the play. Making wrong decisions from 40m away- failing to give a penalty when Rush was scythed down being a classic example. `that said today it made zero difference.

Makes you wonder what the Refs assessor compiles in his report, & whether the ref in question is told to 'up his game'?.

Strange set up from Phil today, many players out of position, a striker that scored last week put on the bench. Quite an interesting one to watch, it had draw written all over it until young Egbri hit a fluke from the edge of the box, really pleased for the lad.
We had a midfielder at left back, a defender in centre midfield, two midfielders upfront.

But after the last three seasons, it's been great to see players putting in some real effort, despite being played out of position, we do look competitive and another win is great to see regardless of where we are in the league. No more going through the motions, so well done lads on that front.

Cracking goal from John White it has to be said, i thought thats not a great free kick, all of a sudden a deft touch from John and its rocketed top right. What a beauty.

Knowing we had almost no chance of staying up, as we kicked off it was nice to feel relaxed and enjoy the game, feet up. At the end, it felt just like that, the end. Then the anger kicked in and emotions, so i took the dog for a walk.

Back