• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Barry Conlon

I remember years ago when he played for us somebody made a website called something like... The great wide world of barry conlon....the site was a total **** take about his life as a supposed celeb

Erm, correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Conlon a waste of ****ing space?

I love this bit from the article.....

This weekend's match is sponsored by Coast, northern Lincolnshire's chlamydia screening programme.
Paul Watson, team coordinator, said: "On Saturday, this place will be full of young people aged under 25. They are most at risk from chlamydia, so it will raise awareness."
Free gift
Everyone who buys a ticket using the Big Macc voucher will also receive a free dose – see page 32 for today's coupon.

Barry Conlon has joined Grimsby on a two year deal following his release from Bradford.

30 year old Conlon had a successful loan spell at the Mariners where his 5 goals in 8 games helped them retain their league 2 status.

Erm, correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Conlon a waste of ****ing space?

To be fair he was probably one of the better players in what was an awful team at an awful time in our recent history. he is what he is, a big L2 lump of a target man that will usually get 10 - 15 goals a season at that level.

A bit Drewe-esque without the lovability factor..

To be fair he was probably one of the better players in what was an awful team at an awful time in our recent history. he is what he is, a big L2 lump of a target man that will usually get 10 - 15 goals a season at that level.

A bit Drewe-esque without the lovability factor..

That was Conlon's problem: he wasn't a lump, but Alvin Martin saw him and thought your 6 foot two we can just whack it long towards you. He was better on the deck (left foot only) than in the air.

Bearing in mind we got him on a free and sold him for £100k, I think we did okay out of him.

He was never prolific, but has made a decent career out of being the 'second' striker, and has a few more years left in him.

Bearing in mind we got him on a free and sold him for £100k, I think we did okay out of him.

He was never prolific, but has made a decent career out of being the 'second' striker, and has a few more years left in him.

Alvin signed him for £90,000 from Man City IIRC.

Soccerbase and wiki both have him as a free. Wiki says he was out of contract when we signed him.

Despite the lack of hair, he was under 24 when we signed him, so a fee would still have been payable if he was out of contract

I wouldn't trust wiki on that.

Despite the lack of hair, he was under 24 when we signed him, so a fee would still have been payable if he was out of contract

I wouldn't trust wiki on that.

OK looked it up, hardly more reliable than wiki (sorry Jai) but the Echo archives say 90k.

Despite the lack of hair, he was under 24 when we signed him, so a fee would still have been payable if he was out of contract.

I think that was also part of his problem - he was 20 when he signed for us, but looked about 30. Younger players are often forgiven their inexperience, but not when they look like a grizzled veteran...

Back